http://youtu.be/F3o1GxS8hAE

ChasCS
10-01-2014, 03:28 PM
They look fantastic, I have to admit.

Thank you. Very kind of you.

Chas

Highwayman2013
10-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Nice, top load is so much better for saddlebags.

spydergurl
10-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know if these bags will fit the ST? I love the look of these new bags...would like them on my ST.

Bob Denman
10-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Not that I want to play "Devils Advocate " here... :shocked:
I'm finding it difficult to find any justification in the pricing... :opps:

SPYD3R
10-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Not that I want to play "Devils Advocate " here... :shocked:
I'm finding it difficult to find any justification in the pricing... :opps:

PRICING.....
OK, so what is the price of these add-on's.....?
dp
PS: got'a admit, this thing is growing on me....

Bob Denman
10-01-2014, 05:46 PM
I don't have the exact amount right under my thumb at the moment...
But it seemed to me, that they were over $1200... :yikes:
Let me go find the exact amount...
TTFN!

EDIT: I'm back... those babies are $1299.99!

spydergurl
10-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I agree they are pricey; however, the saddle bags for the ST are $1,099 + $129 for the color panels. So, the cost isn't that much different. I have never been a fan of the saddle bags for the RS and ST so I'm hopeful the new ones for the F3 will work on the ST, too.

dguisinger
10-01-2014, 10:02 PM
I agree they are pricey; however, the saddle bags for the ST are $1,099 + $129 for the color panels. So, the cost isn't that much different. I have never been a fan of the saddle bags for the RS and ST so I'm hopeful the new ones for the F3 will work on the ST, too.

Though if you judge it by the space you've added, its 2x the cost per litter as the saddle bags on the F3 are half the size from the RS/ST

I think the biggest thing I will miss is all the storage options I had... I know, i'm a broken record and keep complaining about it. I wish BRP would at least have jumbo saddle bags as an option...

den1953
10-02-2014, 05:34 AM
These saddlebags remind me of the small ones I had on my 2004 Victory Kingpin Deluxe, small. $1299.99 really??

Zygos
10-02-2014, 05:38 AM
http://youtu.be/F3o1GxS8hAE

Looks like BRP listened to your input on these babys Lamont, and are top loading for one thing! plus other well thought our features

way to go :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
10-02-2014, 07:36 AM
:agree: The toploaders sure are nice! :clap:

I wasn't aware that the RS/ST bags were that pricey... :shocked:
Viewed in that context... they're not as bad as I thought. ;)

daveinva
10-02-2014, 08:38 AM
For comparison: Harley-Davidson locking rigid leather saddlebags, $829.95. Oh, and they're larger, too.

When *HD* stuff is cheaper than BRP's, you know there is something askew.

Chupaca
10-02-2014, 09:47 AM
brp is going overboard with the pricing. If their suppliers are over pricing they should find others. Key phrase in all these videos " available only from can am". But if people pay so it will be. Even when the aftermarkets kick in they never drop their price so they sell well for them..

They are nice bags and the top loaders have always been the best....:thumbup:

JkRbbt
10-02-2014, 12:16 PM
If you look at the Corbins for the ST, those bags are over 13 gallons EACH, about twice as big as the F-3 bag, and are around $1800. They blend into the bike nicely and are top loading, also. I do like the idea of the F-3, but I may have to settle for a new RT and tour for a couple of years until Corbin, F-4, BajaRon, etc, etc, can catch up with the F-3! Happy cruising' to you beta testers! :thumbup:

daveinva
10-02-2014, 12:26 PM
brp is going overboard with the pricing. If their suppliers are over pricing they should find others. Key phrase in all these videos " available only from can am". But if people pay so it will be. Even when the aftermarkets kick in they never drop their price so they sell well for them..

They are nice bags and the top loaders have always been the best....:thumbup:

Here's my concern: by unrealistically pricing products (whether Spyders or accessories), BRP is conditioning its most loyal buyers to NOT pay those prices.

Meaning, anyone who has done their research recognizes that BRP fire-sells a whole slew of products soon after they go on the market. Don't like the price for that RT? Wait a year. Don't want to pay full price for that trailer? Don't worry, you won't have to-- eventually it'll be marked off thousands of dollars.

Sure, with any manufacturer you'll always be asked to pay a premium to be first, but BRP is conditioning all of us to just wait around until these things DON'T sell at these high prices, because you can always find a far greater bargain in a little while. Which means that ultimately, BRP loses *more* money than if they had priced these products at a good rate the first time around.

The price reflects what the market will pay-- but the market ain't paying, or else you wouldn't see the dramatic markdowns BRP continues to do.

GunDoctor
11-02-2014, 11:37 AM
This just floors me...based on the pricing of the accessories I have seen in BRP catalog, I.e. License plate holder @ $95.00 we really need after market products at realistic pricing. I'd love to know how many license plates have been sold.

Silvervette05
11-02-2014, 11:48 AM
For comparison: Harley-Davidson locking rigid leather saddlebags, $829.95. Oh, and they're larger, too.

When *HD* stuff is cheaper than BRP's, you know there is something askew.
:agree:

bill pitman
11-02-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't have the exact amount right under my thumb at the moment...
But it seemed to me, that they were over $1200... :yikes:
Let me go find the exact amount...
TTFN!

EDIT: I'm back... those babies are $1299.99!

Ridiculous pricing.....
These things are turning into a rich man's toy...

DrewNJ
11-02-2014, 04:19 PM
At least they are useful top loaders unlike the sideways RT bags.....lol

wishey1
11-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Did you see the backrest on the bike in one of the shots about midway thru..?

spacetiger
11-11-2014, 05:28 PM
are turning...

They are there all ready...

KX5062
11-21-2014, 11:26 AM
I inspected and played with these at the recent Long Beach motorcycle show. I was not impressed at all. They are thin plastic covered in either real leather or faux leather. The plastic is thin and rather flimsy. The capacity of the cases are too small for anything other than day tripping. In fact, the overall size of the luggage is okay, but their interior volume is limited by its design.

They are clearly designed to achieve a certain look rather than function. When you combine that with an extremely high price, I was not impressed.

Unlike, the F3, which DID impress me when I rode it. ;)

SpyderAnn01
11-21-2014, 12:13 PM
I inspected and played with these at the recent Long Beach motorcycle show. I was not impressed at all. They are thin plastic covered in either real leather or faux leather. The plastic is thin and rather flimsy. The capacity of the cases are too small for anything other than day tripping. In fact, the overall size of the luggage is okay, but their interior volume is limited by its design.

They are clearly designed to achieve a certain look rather than function. When you combine that with an extremely high price, I was not impressed.

And the visible staples were extremely tacky. i would hope that for the price of $1,200 the production units would be better than the demo bags were.

Orange Spyder Man
11-21-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't need saddlebags on my RT... but even if I want saddlebags... no way would I consider shucking out $1299 for them... I think that's absurd..

OSM

Slagiatt
11-21-2014, 02:55 PM
I don't need saddlebags on my RT... but even if I want saddlebags... no way would I consider shucking out $1299 for them... I think that's absurd..

OSM

Don't want to be a spoilsport, but I suggest you paid at least that for your saddlebags on the RT...as part of the basic cost of the RT. No way to calculate or prove that, but I'm just saying... :D

JkRbbt
11-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Don't want to be a spoilsport, but I suggest you paid at least that for your saddlebags on the RT...as part of the basic cost of the RT. No way to calculate or prove that, but I'm just saying... :D

But, at least they are NOT flimsy and hold twice as much!! :D

JKMSPYDER
11-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Last year I bought a set of Nelson Rigg saddlebags for my ST-S. They are top loading also. Yes I know they aren't lockable but the set was less than $150. So I saved over $1100 compared to the F3 saddlebags.

Slagiatt
11-21-2014, 03:59 PM
But, at least they are NOT flimsy and hold twice as much!! :D

I had a '12 RT and loved all of the storage...don't get me wrong...and your point is spot on. However, I just didn't want the rumor to start that BRP was giving us something for free. :joke:

BTW...as you know, lots of dealers discount accessories 10-15%...especially when you're purchasing the Spyder from them. Every little % counts.:thumbup: At a 15% discount, the bags are only moderately-insanely priced. :hun:

Jharpo
02-08-2015, 03:17 PM
I ordered my saddle bags, floor boards, back rest, and windshield when I placed my original order. I took possession of my F3S on Jan.21 and am still waiting for all the options I ordered and paid for except the Windshield. I do have the Blue Ridge shield but I understand that they too are now on back order. ( it will do until CalSci comes out with theirs) BRP keeps pushing back the ship dates on all the items. This is both frustrating and infuriating. I would love to be able to tell you all how I like my bags and how great or terrible they are, BUT I'm still waiting.

Retired 2012
02-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Will the saddlebags from the ST-S fit on the F3??? My dealer has one on the floor and the bags looked bigger than the new F3 bags.

My shield is on back order, too.

The add-ons are very pricy, detachable passenger back rest $550, drivers back rest $450, auxiliary lights $500,
blue ridge w/shield $400, c/c saddlebags $1300. so adding.....= $3200. That is only part of the Touring escape package, does anyone know the
total cost of that???? might be better to buy the package...

den1953
02-08-2015, 08:05 PM
There's a guy from Easy brackets interested in getting them made for the F3. He just needs to know the length and diameter of the bolts through the passenger handrails not including the bolt heads. He also needs the distance center to center between them on the F3. The Easy Brackets are a lockable quick detach bracket that allows you to mount any kind of aftermarket saddlebags to them so they easily go on & off the bike. Perhaps since Lamont has already made custom passenger grab handles for the customized F3 he's doing for Daytona Bike Week, he might have the info regarding those bolts and I can get this info to the guy from Easy Brackets. Aftermarket saddlebags cost less than half of what the BRP ones do.

LV2RYDE
02-08-2015, 09:17 PM
I inspected and played with these at the recent Long Beach motorcycle show. I was not impressed at all. They are thin plastic covered in either real leather or faux leather. The plastic is thin and rather flimsy. The capacity of the cases are too small for anything other than day tripping. In fact, the overall size of

That was a prototype not the actual final product.

GunDoctor
02-11-2015, 08:52 PM
I will use my T-Bag for now, but hope the afterlife group put some nice bags out soon.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

petegtsv10
02-11-2015, 10:34 PM
If we had those brackets, which aftermarket bags are worth looking into? Corbin is nice, but very pricey!

miltonb
02-12-2015, 12:07 AM
http://youtu.be/F3o1GxS8hAE this is a hotrod. want more room well?:dontknow: deer hunter

petegtsv10
02-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Will the saddlebags from the ST-S fit on the F3??? My dealer has one on the floor and the bags looked bigger than the new F3 bags.

My shield is on back order, too.

The add-ons are very pricy, detachable passenger back rest $550, drivers back rest $450, auxiliary lights $500,
blue ridge w/shield $400, c/c saddlebags $1300. so adding.....= $3200. That is only part of the Touring escape package, does anyone know the
total cost of that???? might be better to buy the package...
I believe the different packages don't save anything over the total of their components.