PDA

View Full Version : Central New York Group?

Syr Spyder
10-01-2014, 05:01 AM
Does anyone know of any groups that get together and ride in the Central New York Area? We have had our Spyder almost a year and are looking to hook up with other riders.

spyder-dude
10-01-2014, 07:32 AM
There is quite a few riders in the area. I use to live in Binghamton and road with quite a few of them. I would recommend going to this event and you will meet a lot of them.

Ingles Performance Spyder Ryde In
It’s time for our annual Ryde In at our fall Open House.
Come on out for a nice fall ryde to hang out with some fellow Spyder ryders and get a VIP lunch.
Saturday October 11th – Arrive between 11am and 12pm and lunch will be served shortly after 12pm
Sales on all remaining Spyders and Can-am clothing and Accessories!
Please call Robin at 315-598-7422 or email robin@inglesperformance.com to sign up so we can have a head count for the food.

grumpybob
10-01-2014, 05:49 PM
There is quite a few riders in the area. I use to live in Binghamton and road with quite a few of them. I would recommend going to this event and you will meet a lot of them.

Ingles Performance Spyder Ryde In
It’s time for our annual Ryde In at our fall Open House.
Come on out for a nice fall ryde to hang out with some fellow Spyder ryders and get a VIP lunch.
Saturday October 11th – Arrive between 11am and 12pm and lunch will be served shortly after 12pm
Sales on all remaining Spyders and Can-am clothing and Accessories!
Please call Robin at 315-598-7422 or email robin@inglesperformance.com to sign up so we can have a head count for the food.

OH - This is not good for me, someone now from Va., bringing up rides in CNY that I don't know about. I guess I am the last one to hear about things. If the weather holds up that should be a great time. I can't make is, as we have an agility trial that weekend out at Jones road Soccer Center. Wish I could thou. Hope those that do make it have a good time.

grumpybob
10-01-2014, 05:56 PM
There is/was a group called 'The Third Wheel', I think, that meets at Wheel- Away Motor Sports in Fulton, NY. A couple of times that I happened to be there when they we having a meeting, they all seemed nice and open to have spYders join in. If interested give Wheel-Away a call, they will be able to fill you in on all the details.

Questions
10-10-2014, 10:29 AM
I SEE SEVERAL SPYDERS IN THE FINGERLAKES REGION, BEING NEW TO CAN AM SPYDER, I HAVEN'T HAD A OPPORTUNITY TO MEET ANY OF THEM. I PURCHASED MY SPYDER RT ( REGAL RED ) FROM DOUGS MOTORSPORTS IN CORTLAND, NY . I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH THEIR SALES PEOPLE AND THEIR SERVICE DEPT !! I HAVE RIDDEN SEVERAL TIMES WITH SOME FRIENDS [ HARLEY, YAHAMA, HONDA RIDERS UP AROUND THE NORTHEND OF SENECA LAKE ON NICE WEATHER DAYS ! SO WE WEREN'T THAT FROM SYRACUSE ! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN STARTING A GROUP LET ME KNOW EITHER BY PRIVATE MESSAGE OR MY CELL # 607-333-4610 !!!!!

OTE=Syr Spyder;882934]Does anyone know of any groups that get together and ride in the Central New York Area? We have had our Spyder almost a year and are looking to hook up with other riders.[/QUOTE]

spflyboy
11-30-2014, 09:15 PM
I live in Rochester and am also looking for other riders in the area. Syr isn't that far away. Let's maybe talk and see if we can get morte interested in starting a group.

Questions
09-07-2015, 05:56 PM
I've had my spyder about a month and a half. It would be great to get a group of riders together. I'm south of Syracuse near Cazenovia. :spyder2:

FieldTester
09-13-2015, 07:51 PM
New to this site, looking for info on joining a local group of riders in/near Delaware county.

otter28169
09-14-2015, 07:32 PM
I am a member of the NY Spyder riders and the meetings are held in Accord, NY. It is almost 300 miles round trip and I am going to start a Central NY chapter w/in the next 2 months. If the NY Spyder riders vote no on a chapter, I will be starting my own club. I am also looking for riders to plan for SpyderQuest IV next year.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Just sayin'............

FieldTester
09-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Otter,
My wife and I and another couple here (2 ST's and 2 RT's) ride as a group on the weekends. We all live around Roscoe/Downsville and can either hookup your way or near Accord as well for some touring. We would like to do a Adorondacks trip this fall.
Any rides planned ?

otter28169
09-20-2015, 07:38 PM
I am located 40 mins north of Binghamton.If you are in the Downsville area, then a good meeting place would be Bainbridge or Walton. I love to ride around the reservoir down there.

Just sayin'...........

FieldTester
09-21-2015, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=otter28169;1039426]I am located 40 mins north of Binghamton.If you are in the Downsville area, then a good meeting place would be Bainbridge or Walton. I love to ride around the reservoir down there.

Sounds Good Otter, The route 206 and route 30 corridor works well for us. I will PM you with our next trip date details and hope we can get this CNY group off the ground with some more members.

ROB K
09-21-2015, 05:21 PM
We are located in Dutchess County but are always looking for a ride. We have 4 rt's in our group. We would like to do the reservoir route 30 ride. We would come by way of Roscoe or from rt 28.

Otter I rode with you at Spyder Quest on the Sacandaga ride.My wife and I gave you the fist pump at the end of the ride in the parking lot at GEL. Great job leading the way.

We belong to the NY Spyder Ryder's Club & The Hudson Valley free Ryder's on Facebook. Give us a shout with any future plans.

otter28169
09-21-2015, 08:23 PM
I got my new headlights in tonight, and I need to do an oil change over the weekend. I need to look at my brakes over the weekend, the right front is squeaking and I got a brake failure message tonight. If I can get her straightened out, I will be riding.

Just sayin'...........

FieldTester
09-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Rob K,
Good to hear that another 4 spyders will be in the mix.
We are planning to hit the Octoberfest on Saturday, Oct. 3rd at Hunter Mountain

http://www.huntermtn.com/summer/festivals/oktoberfest/

There are more details on the General Discussion - Hunter Mtn thread.
Maybe we can incorporate a group ride to it.

Otter,
Is this destination workable for you ?

Questions
09-29-2015, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=otter28169;1039426]I am located 40 mins north of Binghamton.If you are in the Downsville area, then a good meeting place would be Bainbridge or Walton. I love to ride around the reservoir down there.

Sounds Good Otter, The route 206 and route 30 corridor works well for us. I will PM you with our next trip date details and hope we can get this CNY group off the ground with some more members.
I'm planning a ride for Saturday October 10th. The more Spyders, the better. I'm in Hancock and have a nice loop I like to run. About 150 miles or so for the day

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Questions
09-29-2015, 07:04 PM
New to this site, looking for info on joining a local group of riders in/near Delaware county.
I'm planning a ride from Hancock NY for 10/10/15. The more the merrier

Questions
09-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Otter,
My wife and I and another couple here (2 ST's and 2 RT's) ride as a group on the weekends. We all live around Roscoe/Downsville and can either hookup your way or near Accord as well for some touring. We would like to do a Adorondacks trip this fall.
Any rides planned ?
Me and my wife are in Hancock. Always looking for a group ride

FieldTester
09-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Me and my wife are in Hancock. Always looking for a group ride

Glad to hear from you, please check the Hunter Mountain Thread under the General Discussion Board. We are trying to put together a ride to Octoberfest at Hunter Mountain this month.
It would be great if you can hook up with us.

otter28169
09-30-2015, 02:55 PM
October 10th is the day of the ryde in at Ingles' power sports in Phoenix, NY. I will be there. I cannot do the Hunter mountain ride, as I have some things to take care of for my son's pop warner team. Headlights are in, and brakes will be finished this evening. Maybe an RTE on for a late lunch on 10/3?

Just sayin'............

ROB K
09-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Still might get the ride in at Hunter Mountain on the 3rd.
Tarantula / Fieldtester We also have another ride in the works on th 10th. Check it out on Facebook. Hudson Vally Free Ryders some info all welcome just want to ryde. Looking forward to meeting all.

PaladinLV
09-30-2015, 06:29 PM
OH - This is not good for me, someone now from Va., bringing up rides in CNY that I don't know about. I guess I am the last one to hear about things. If the weather holds up that should be a great time. I can't make is, as we have an agility trial that weekend out at Jones road Soccer Center. Wish I could thou. Hope those that do make it have a good time.

Fulton is like that! lol ;)

AJ

PaladinLV
09-30-2015, 06:32 PM
Damn - all you CNY folks are almost making me home sick :)

AJ

FieldTester
10-07-2015, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=otter28169;1043540]October 10th is the day of the ryde in at Ingles' power sports in Phoenix, NY. I will be there. I cannot do the Hunter mountain ride, as I have some things to take care of for my son's pop warner team. Headlights are in, and brakes will be finished this evening. Maybe an RTE on for a late lunch on 10/3?

Otter,
How is it looking to come down our way on Sunday the 11th ??

FieldTester
10-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Our group of 4 Spyders are planning a ride around the Cannosville and Pepacton Reservoirs on this Saturday, Oct 31st. starting at the Roscoe Diner at 11 AM. Chime in if you want to join us.

grumpybob
10-28-2015, 10:10 AM
On Nov. 7, 2015 there is a Vet. happening at the New York State Fair in Syracuse NY. That might be a good ride for the CNY. riders. There will be a parade and vendors etc. set up in the Center of Progress Building. Maybe a band or two. If the weather holds up I will hopefully ride in the parade with the legion or PGR.

Upstater
10-28-2015, 10:42 AM
On Nov. 7, 2015 there is a Vet. happening at the New York State Fair in Syracuse NY. That might be a good ride for the CNY. riders. There will be a parade and vendors etc. set up in the Center of Progress Building. Maybe a band or two. If the weather holds up I will hopefully ride in the parade with the legion or PGR.

Dumb question... what does "Vet." stand for?

FieldTester
10-29-2015, 09:04 AM

Sounds like the Vets day at the fairgrounds is a good destination for next weekend. I am suppose to be out to sea that day but maybe if the winds are not favorable I can join you.

In the meantime, we are up to six for this Saturday's ride.

grumpybob
10-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Dumb question... what does "Vet." stand for?Army, Navy, Air Force, & Coast Guard personal past & present. Veterans of any service are often called a Vet. or Vets. Because I am lazy about typing I will often use an abbreviation.

otter28169
10-29-2015, 07:45 PM
I will be free on Saturday the 7th and would love to go to the Syracuse to support our vets. I am going to make sure nothing get's scheduled for that day.

Just sayin'............

kjweed
09-27-2018, 06:59 AM
Does anyone know of any groups that get together and ride in the Central New York Area? We have had our Spyder almost a year and are looking to hook up with other riders.
http://www.usspyderryders.com/ny-central-ny
New Central NY US SPYDERRYDERS started. Please follow the link above

michrick
09-27-2018, 11:47 AM
inglesperformance.com

Ingles is having their open house and a Spyder ride in on Sunday Oct 7 will be a great chance to meet fellow riders in the Syracuse area

ARtraveler
09-27-2018, 01:45 PM
:oldpost: Most information from 2015. Many of the members in the thread no longer post. :sour::sour:

michrick
09-27-2018, 02:10 PM
Yeah I saw that but ya never know who is popping in to see if anything is going on in NY :dontknow:

kjweed
09-28-2018, 03:06 AM
inglesperformance.com

Ingles is having their open house and a Spyder ride in on Sunday Oct 7 will be a great chance to meet fellow riders in the Syracuse area

Thanks. We will be planning on that.

Gp8787
02-16-2019, 08:39 PM
I am in the Binghamton area.anyone near me ride a spyder? Wife is getting a ryker next month. I'm near Binghamton weekends and in Pocono during the week if anyone wants to ride. If its above 40 deg. Im on the spyder.