PDA

View Full Version : For those of you thinking of getting an F3

bscrive
09-30-2014, 08:33 PM
I was talking to my dealer on the weekend and he was telling me that each dealership is only allotted 10 F3's for next year. He figures that BRP does not want to flood the market with them which could drive the prices down. I am not sure if that applies to US dealers and I am sure that trades will happen between dealers. So, if you are thinking of getting one and you have to drive a distance to get it, you may want to be proactive because I think these babies are going sell like hotcakes.....mmmmmmmmm maple syrup...:p

Chupaca
09-30-2014, 08:55 PM
a sales pitch...hook more customers if you spread the word that there are not enough. Can't see brp limiting there sales especially if they are reaching out to a new market. Jmo...:thumbup:

bscrive
09-30-2014, 09:02 PM
He is a high volume dealer with 3 stores and he said that he was only allotted 30 F3's for all his stores.

Maybe BRP will chime in and say otherwise. Maybe it is a marketing ploy but he knows we just bought a STL in June and are not in the market for another one.

dguisinger
09-30-2014, 10:11 PM
He is a high volume dealer with 3 stores and he said that he was only allotted 30 F3's for all his stores.

Maybe BRP will chime in and say otherwise. Maybe it is a marketing ploy but he knows we just bought a STL in June and are not in the market for another one.

My dealer said the same and asked me for my color and model preference. They aren't making me commit until I see one in person, but they are confident that they will be able to sell every single unit they get in stock. They said they have to get their order in with BRP this week for color and models that they want delivered in 2015

ChasCS
10-01-2014, 12:08 AM
We don't want an American run, on our precious Maple Syrup...!! ;-)

Tell them corn syrup is just as sweet, and they can clamor over that... Hehehe

Chas

Bob Denman
10-01-2014, 08:00 AM
"Limited Availablilty"... :shocked:
I'm not saying that your dealer is telling a fib... but this IS a pretty effective tool that's been used by salesmen across the entire Planet. :D

dguisinger
10-01-2014, 09:38 AM
"Limited Availablilty"... :shocked:
I'm not saying that your dealer is telling a fib... but this IS a pretty effective tool that's been used by salesmen across the entire Planet. :D

While I agree, my dealer has come to a special arrangement with me to get me out of my 2012 that's been in the shop non stop and they gave me the same story even though they definitely aren't making money on the sale, so I'd tend to believe them

Bob Denman
10-01-2014, 09:48 AM
:2thumbs: Glad to hear that they're "Stepping up to the Plate", for you... :D

ARtraveler
10-01-2014, 02:14 PM
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. The limited number of available units ploy has been used for many years and on many products.

I have a feeling there will be plenty of F3's to go around. BRP would not be very smart if they held back on the number of F3's just to keep the price high.

Am sure they would like to sell as many as they can and get the lineup before the public.

Holding back, seems like they would be shooting themselves in the foot. :dontknow:

Early on supplies may be an issue, but by this time next year--it will probably be bargain time again.

dguisinger
10-01-2014, 07:29 PM
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. The limited number of available units ploy has been used for many years and on many products.

I have a feeling there will be plenty of F3's to go around. BRP would not be very smart if they held back on the number of F3's just to keep the price high.

Am sure they would like to sell as many as they can and get the lineup before the public.

Holding back, seems like they would be shooting themselves in the foot. :dontknow:

Early on supplies may be an issue, but by this time next year--it will probably be bargain time again.

To follow up about my dealer conversation, they are getting 8 for 2015.... thats in line with the dealer above that said about 30 units for 3 stores combined.

bmccaffrey
10-01-2014, 07:55 PM
We have a Ryde in at Ingles on the 11th. Will pick his brain to see what's going on. He is the largest dealer in the northeast 😪😪

GunDoctor
10-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Sorry only 29 now. Got mine Monday

bmccaffrey
10-02-2014, 08:35 PM
WHAT HTE=GunDoctor;883984]Sorry only 29 nowCHANGES ine Monday[/QUOTE]

Soooooooo many rumors. Like dodges hellcat 707hp. Now Gm is coming out with this Ford coming out with this. GUESS WHAT

IF YOUR NOT THE LEAD DOG YOUR VIEW NEVER CHANGES:shocked:

GunDoctor
10-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Lead dog sets the pace of the pack

MRH
10-14-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm just curious, but what is a typical yearly order of RT's, ST's and RS's? Ten sounds like a very low number, but I think that we need context to understand what it really means.

granpa in Cincy
10-15-2014, 02:20 AM
My dealer told me he's allotted 20. :clap:

Dan_Ashley
10-15-2014, 08:41 PM
I am guessing that $20,000 will magically make one appear at my dealer, even if he has already sold out his allotment.

Bob Denman
10-16-2014, 07:35 AM
:agree: Like Magic... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_2_127.gif

rpatsh
10-16-2014, 08:54 AM
My dealer is getting 6

dguisinger
10-16-2014, 11:31 AM
I am guessing that $20,000 will magically make one appear at my dealer, even if he has already sold out his allotment.

Yup, magically appear.... a year after you pay for it :P

Grizz
10-16-2014, 01:54 PM
When do the new f3's hit the show room floors? I like the looks of my 08' GS better, but I like the new 3 cylinder engine and the 6 speed transmission. I have to admit the new look grows on you!:thumbup:
Ride Safe,
Grizz