PDA

View Full Version : Garage door and gate opener for empty slots next to park and handle bar heater switch

Lone Spyder Ryder
09-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know of any Garage door and gate opener switches that will fit in the empty slots next to the park and handle bar heater switches. Thanks for any information

Bob Denman
09-30-2014, 05:09 PM
What year is your bike?

If it's an RT, and has the insulating insert in the glovebox, just cut a recess into the insert, and Voila! :thumbup:

robmorg
09-30-2014, 05:23 PM
I have the Biketronics CribClicker. Works great - just push the headlight high-beam flasher to activate it. However it appears they stopped making that recently. Don't know why. Maybe you can still find one.

On my last bike, I just took an ordinary garage door opener and paralleled the push button contacts with a wire leading to a mini-momentary switch. You can mount the tiny switch anywhere, and hide the opener behind a cowling, or in the frunk.

Bob Denman
09-30-2014, 05:29 PM
We had somebody in here, hide the opener in the chrome "Can Am" trim on the sidepanel... :clap: :bowdown:

Jim&Teresa
09-30-2014, 05:49 PM
I have installed an AutoSwitch garage door remote activator AS-7G to connect to our garage remote and wired it to my fog lights. I just turn off and back on my fog lights and my garage door opens/closes. I put the remote and the AutoSwitch just under the left speaker area.

Works for me....FYI. :thumbup:

Pennyrick
09-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Maybe not as sexy as having the controls built in but the garage door and gate opener on my RT have been velcroed under the dash for over two years and in 24,000 miles of heat, cold, wind and rain have never come off.

DrewNJ
09-30-2014, 08:15 PM
We have a local that spliced in the wire from a regular garage door opener remote into his trunk release button on his RT. Never seen it in action but heard it works really well.

Chupaca
09-30-2014, 08:24 PM
took a key ring opener..soldered wires to the opener circuit board and ran them to a radio shack switch. You could get a factory switch that fits the slot and wire it to that switch. The opener is velcroded behind the dash...:thumbup:

zamfield
09-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Key ring opener... Overhead brand off eBay.
Bit of industrial velcro and I can move it between bikes...

cyclelover63
09-30-2014, 11:14 PM
I have installed an AutoSwitch garage door remote activator AS-7G to connect to our garage remote and wired it to my fog lights. I just turn off and back on my fog lights and my garage door opens/closes. I put the remote and the AutoSwitch just under the left speaker area.

Works for me....FYI. :thumbup:

I swear, next trip to Minnesota,I am going to bring all of this stuff with me and watch you go to work!!!...:roflblack:...The instructions scare me!!

Bob Denman
10-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Has anybody been able to completely isolate the "PTT" button from the CanBus system? That would be the perfect button to use for this... :thumbup:

billybovine
10-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know of any Garage door and gate opener switches that will fit in the empty slots next to the park and handle bar heater switches. Thanks for any information

I couldn't find any and I asked on here with no responses. So I bought some switches out of china and hooked up a three button remote.

Buggy
10-01-2014, 10:30 AM
I couldn't find any and I asked on here with no responses. So I bought some switches out of china and hooked up a three button remote.

Nice professional looking install!

DrewNJ
10-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Very clean. Nice work for sure!

Dan McNally
10-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Very well done . . . I just leave the garage door opener in the glove box

stallion143
10-01-2014, 07:13 PM
We had somebody in here, hide the opener in the chrome "Can Am" trim on the sidepanel... :clap: :bowdown:

That would be me...

Bob Denman
10-02-2014, 06:51 AM
I KNEW that you were out there... :D

Can you briefly describe the installation process once again? It sure seems like a cool place to hide the remote. :thumbup: