PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New Spyder Owner

obiwan57
09-30-2014, 02:00 PM
Just this past Saturday, I picked up a new (to Me) 2013 Spyder RT Limited in
Chocolate Brown!http://www.canamspyderforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif.pagespeed.ce.xM_f3u022S.gif

This is my first
three-wheeler, coming over from a Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic. Totally
different, but so much fun and enjoyment! I plan to snap some photos this
weekend to share.

I plan to take a trip in about 2 weeks to my parent's
home about 3 hours away, and I haven't told them about the Spyder yet, they are
gonna freak out!

ARtraveler
09-30-2014, 02:04 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ride. :yes:

mtdoragary
09-30-2014, 02:05 PM
You'll love it; the transition is easy!

Bob Denman
09-30-2014, 02:05 PM
:welcome: :congrats:
They're probably going to want to go get one also; that way, they can join in on the fun! :D :2thumbs:

Buggy
09-30-2014, 02:12 PM
:congrats: From another former Ultra Classic owner!

obiwan57
09-30-2014, 02:12 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ride. :yes:

Thank you very much, I look forward to learning and enjoying. I already have some things I want to address, like a better seat (too soft), and highway footpegs!

ARtraveler
09-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Thank you very much, I look forward to learning and enjoying. I already have some things I want to address, like a better seat (too soft), and highway footpegs!

BRP comfort seat is a good upgrade. We have one on the 2011. Costs about half what other aftermarket seats do.

obiwan57
09-30-2014, 02:16 PM
:congrats: From another former Ultra Classic owner!

Thank you Mobey! I have two antennas on my Spyder, I'm wondering if the pervious owner had a CB on it? The bike only has 8K on it in miles. I definitely would like to address the heat issue on the starboard (right, lol) side of the Spyder. Any tips? I hear the 2014 has that issue solved. :D

obiwan57
09-30-2014, 02:18 PM
BRP comfort seat is a good upgrade. We have one on the 2011. Costs about half what other aftermarket seats do.

On the Comfort Seat, doesn't the Limited come with that seat standard? Maybe my tush is not used too it; I just came over from a Harley Sundowner seat for those that might know it.

ARtraveler
09-30-2014, 04:01 PM
On the Comfort Seat, doesn't the Limited come with that seat standard? Maybe my tush is not used too it; I just came over from a Harley Sundowner seat for those that might know it.

Good question. My experience was with RTS and A & C versions of the RT--standard seat--needed help.

I have not purchased an upgrade seat for my 2014. It took about 6,000 miles before I decided I will stick with it. Not perfect, but a bit better than the other OEM seats that I have encountered.

Will somebody help with the question?

ChasCS
09-30-2014, 04:08 PM
That is a sweet as milk chocolate Spyder...

Makes my happy and hungry, at the same time.

Enjoy the Ryde, and all your time spent here.

Swell, now I need something sweet.

I also required a more comfortable seat, and just threw a RENS sheepskin from IKEA on it.

Chas

BikerDoc
09-30-2014, 04:35 PM
z:congrats::welcome:

PrairieSpyder
09-30-2014, 04:48 PM
:welcome: & :congrats:

Deanna777
09-30-2014, 06:29 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: let the fun, miles, farkling begin. Deanna

Chupaca
09-30-2014, 08:44 PM
to the spyder world and this site..!! :2thumbs: congrats on your new ryde...your folks will love it. when they see the three wheels they will feel you are safer..:thumbup:
And you are..enjoy

billrob71
09-30-2014, 08:49 PM
:welcome: And :congrats: On the new bike.

DJFaninTN
09-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Welcome! Always loved the Lava Bronze color. Almost pulled the trigger on that color but the wife wanted white instead.

if you want to see one tricked out Lava Bronze, go up to the search bar and type in Sting Rt Limited. that is one sick spyder! :thumbup:

GloryRyders
10-01-2014, 05:27 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your :spyder:...............time for some farkles!:yes:

smurfette
10-01-2014, 09:10 AM
:ohyea::congrats::clap: Welcome to the Spyderhood from Massachusetts!

obiwan57
10-01-2014, 09:55 AM
That is a sweet as milk chocolate Spyder...

Makes my happy and hungry, at the same time.

Enjoy the Ryde, and all your time spent here.

Swell, now I need something sweet.

I also required a more comfortable seat, and just threw a RENS sheepskin from IKEA on it.

Chas

Hey Chris, do you have any photos? was it just a standard size RENS sheepskin? Please advise!

jcthorne
10-01-2014, 10:00 AM
To answer the specific question on the seat, no the limited does not come with the BRP Comfort seat as standard equipment. The comfort seat moves the driver back 2" for more leg room and a more relaxed riding position. It also reshapes the seat area for additional comfort.

The seat on the limited is identical to the standard seat on the lower trim models except for the embroidered logo near the front and slightly different trim.

Buggy
10-01-2014, 10:52 AM
To answer the specific question on the seat, no the limited does not come with the BRP Comfort seat as standard equipment. The comfort seat moves the driver back 2" for more leg room and a more relaxed riding position. It also reshapes the seat area for additional comfort.

The seat on the limited is identical to the standard seat on the lower trim models except for the embroidered logo near the front and slightly different trim.

The confusion comes from the fact they make reference to the bike having a Comfort Seat in the sales brochure and a Comfort Seat in the accessory catalogue. A typo I guess.

connie9003
10-01-2014, 11:06 AM
I got Brackets from KewlMetal and my pegs from Kyryakin I love them and I got the back widows so they look really kewl :) Welcome