PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Heated Grips

Tango
09-28-2014, 07:02 PM
So, how do they operate to turn on. :dontknow: Do they turn on by simply hitting the "LO" or "Hi" button? :spyder: The book tells how to turn off. :thumbup: Wife says she has tried them and they do not work. :shocked: Tom :trike:

Cruzr Joe
09-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Front work on rocker ,HI OFF, LOW

Back works off of passenger switch near left hand grip

Cruzr Joe

JkRbbt
09-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Took my mother for a ride just a few days ago and they worked just fine, turned on low got the heat! (2013 RT-L)

ThreeWheels
09-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Simply hitting either the Hi or Lo button will turn the heater on, providing that the engine is running.
In later years (I believe post 2012) they also added indicator lights to the switch. One light Lo, two lights Hi, no lights Off.
If the lights don't go on, or if there is no heat, then something is broken.

Jim&Teresa
09-28-2014, 07:26 PM
If your bike has had work in the back of the bike by the arm hold area on the left, the tech (on mine - it was me!:yikes:) can forget to connect it back together when assembling the bike back. I have had that area open a few times to add a 12V outlet for heated gear, an alarm system, etc. It's easy to do a quick disconnect on the heated grips...just got to remember to hook it back up!

Also, it would be good to check a fuse if it's not working as well.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Tango
09-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Simply hitting either the Hi or Lo button will turn the heater on, providing that the engine is running.
In later years (I believe post 2012) they also added indicator lights to the switch. One light Lo, two lights Hi, no lights Off.
If the lights don't go on, or if there is no heat, then something is broken.

Thank you! That's what I needed to know. :thumbup: Tom :trike: