PDA

View Full Version : Advice on ramp going into storage shed (2014 RTS Limited)

UNCLEDAVE
09-28-2014, 07:45 AM
I'd appreciate your input/advice on suggested ramp length & maximum angle going into a storage shed.

I'll be storing my 2014 RTS Limited in a storage shed. And, considering the minimal clearance under the machine, I'm concerned about scraping the bottom of the Spyder when the ramp transitions from the "incline" to the floor of the shed.

Questions:

Max allowed angle to avoid scraping the bottom
Length of ramp that works for you

Thanks a bunch!

Bob Denman
09-28-2014, 07:53 AM
How much room do you have, and much much lift do you need? :dontknow:
Do you have to climb back over that lip in order to retrieve the bike? :shocked:

zamfield
09-28-2014, 08:01 AM
How deep is the step-up to the shed?
That'll depend on the length of ramp you need.

ulflyer
09-28-2014, 09:06 AM
My shed is about 6 inches off the ground and has a 6 ft. ramp that attaches just below the floor inasmuch as the doors overlap the floor a couple of inches. The ramp came with the
shed and works perfectly. I think it would work well even if the door was 12 inches or so off the ground. :D

The ramp is made of 2 X 6 treated lumber nailed to pieces underneath at the top, middle, and bottom. Very sturdy.

ulflyer
09-28-2014, 09:13 AM
The shed is on a slope so I added considerable dirt out front in order for the ramp to lay level, making it approx a 6-8 fall.

Chupaca
09-28-2014, 10:41 AM
best is just get a sheet of ply 4'x8' and some 2"x4" or 2"x6" depending on the hight and lay it out. Cut off the extra as needed. Then build and attach the base. You could also just have two long runners for the front and a short one for the rear. Once the front is in the rear just needs a hop...:dontknow: