PDA

View Full Version : F3 Accesories

SpyderRx
09-27-2014, 01:00 PM
I've went through the build process a couple of times for the F3 and WOW! The accessories are outrageous! I would like a lot of items from the touring package. $500 floorboards, $500 fog lights, $400 windshield, etc. it's going to price out at 26-27,000. Just seems ridiculous!

ARtraveler
09-27-2014, 01:11 PM
I've went through the build process a couple of times for the F3 and WOW! The accessories are outrageous! I would like a lot of items from the touring package. $500 floorboards, $500 fog lights, $400 windshield, etc. it's going to price out at 26-27,000. Just seems ridiculous!

A common issue when it comes to farkling. Since the F3 is new this year, it may be a wait for other aftermarket items to be available for the F3. Floorboards and fog lights above are ballpark. The BRP floorboards for other models were $995. Our friends at Seal did real good with their $500 ballpark models. Windshield a bit high--but in the ballpark. I paid almost $400 for plain, tall, windshield on my 2008 GS--then went to fairings at $1500 apiece.

Bottom line--farkles are always expensive--but--they will make the F3 "yours."

Lets not even go into resale value--but--your going to keep your F3 for a few years anyway--right?

SPYD3R
09-27-2014, 02:20 PM
and here we all thought the F3 would be a LOW BUDGET INTRO-VERSION for newbees..... SURPRISE SURPRISE.... :banghead:

Mike,P
09-27-2014, 09:32 PM
and here we all thought the F3 would be a LOW BUDGET INTRO-VERSION for newbees..... SURPRISE SURPRISE.... :banghead:

I Honestly never thought that...

spyderrock
09-28-2014, 09:54 AM
I priced out my new F3 as well, here in Alberta Canada with all the options it came in at 28400 dollars :yikes:. I payed 32grand for my 2011 rt limited. I will still order a new F3 because I can lol and because I just have to have it. We also have a 2013 sts which my wife loves so now I will be able to keep up with her on the F3. Yes toys are expensive and the aftermarket parts sometimes even more so. It's the price we pay to enjoy life. I don't smoke drink or gamble so may as well help the Canadian economy right.

Chupaca
09-28-2014, 10:03 AM
but they are right. The first run models are dependant on the factory for accessories till the market decides it is worth getting in on the action. Sadly they are often overpriced as well...:gaah:

den1953
09-28-2014, 10:03 AM
Just for comparison the Touring Escape package for the F3 is $4500 and includes thirteen key accessories ranging in price from$49.99 to $1299.99. Adding those accessories up individually costs $7129.88. At least to me, the package deal makes sense cost-wise.

BikerDoc
09-28-2014, 10:20 AM
and here we all thought the F3 would be a LOW BUDGET INTRO-VERSION for newbees..... SURPRISE SURPRISE.... :banghead: Maybe next year with the RS minus

SpyderRx
09-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Just for comparison the Touring Escape package for the F3 is $4500 and includes thirteen key accessories ranging in price from$49.99 to $1299.99. Adding those accessories up individually costs $7129.88. At least to me, the package deal makes sense cost-wise.
That's good to know. I did not see a price for the touring package or where you could add it but that seems like the way to go.

PrairieSpyder
09-28-2014, 01:13 PM

That's good to know. I did not see a price for the touring package or where you could add it but that seems like the way to go.

:agree: I hadn't found the "package" price, but it's good to see there's a discount for the group of accessories.

I wonder if you want non-stock handle-bars if they will sell the unit with them or add on the full price of the bars. I mean, the stock bars would stay with the dealer.

Lamonster
09-28-2014, 03:28 PM
I think some folks must be new to the world of making a bike you're own. Pretty much every bike I've owned winds up being between 30K on the low side and 50K on the high side. You don't have to buy anything if you don't want to and the aftermarket will fill in some of the blanks. I don't like the prices either but I have a better idea than most what it takes to bring a product to market and it's never as cheap as you think it's going to be and if there is no profit there will not be a product for long. I build as I can afford what I want/need.

Mike,P
09-28-2014, 03:44 PM
I think some folks must be new to the world of making a bike you're own. Pretty much every bike I've owned winds up being between 30K on the low side and 50K on the high side. You don't have to buy anything if you don't want to and the aftermarket will fill in some of the blanks. I don't like the prices either but I have a better idea than most what it takes to bring a product to market and it's never as cheap as you think it's going to be and if there is no profit there will not be a product for long. I build as I can afford what I want/need.

Well said😎

SpyderRx
09-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Can you confirm that you will be able to purchase a touring escape package? I would love to be able to order the bike like you want it from the factory. Just wondering how it will work. Wonder if it will come from the factory like that or how it will work. Everybody wants a good deal. I am familiar with making something my own. I do that with every bike, atv, jeep, truck I buy. Bottom line is the f3 is going to be awesome and I can't wait to ride it!

Lamonster
09-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Can you confirm that you will be able to purchase a touring escape package? I would love to be able to order the bike like you want it from the factory. Just wondering how it will work. Wonder if it will come from the factory like that or how it will work. Everybody wants a good deal. I am familiar with making something my own. I do that with every bike, atv, jeep, truck I buy. Bottom line is the f3 is going to be awesome and I can't wait to ride it!

I can't but your dealer should be able to. I wasn't in on those meetings.

Colin
09-28-2014, 08:19 PM
I was checking out the BRP site earlier, and Im sure it said Available February. Which is still 2 months before we even see an F3 in
New Zealand.
Already did my build on the site and just need to let my dealer know if Im going to go ahead with it.

F3 SE6 Black metallic
Cannonball Seat
Both Back Rests
Blue Ridge Screen
Around 23k in USA I will probably end up paying 10k more than that here in New Zealand

SpyderRx
09-28-2014, 09:02 PM
I can't but your dealer should be able to. I wasn't in on those meetings.
Ok. Thank you. Can't wait for "part 2" of your report. Thanks for filling us in with the info you gathered!

flaggerphil
09-29-2014, 05:48 PM
I Honestly never thought that...

I didn't either. It's actually priced lower than I expected.

GunDoctor
11-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Going to harp on this one last time. I understand R&D and what goes into it, but a license plater HOLDER has been done and no R&D is required, but charge 95.00 for SPYDER to be printed on it is ridiculous . The catalog is filled with price gouging examples of accessories that are 2 and 3 times the price of equally matched Harley Davidson, which I thought was high.

DrewNJ
11-02-2014, 01:00 PM
The pricing of spyder add ons makes the pricing of Harley as well as all other manufacturer add ons look very inexpensive!

dguisinger
11-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Going to harp on this one last time. I understand R&D and what goes into it, but a license plater HOLDER has been done and no R&D is required, but charge 95.00 for SPYDER to be printed on it is ridiculous . The catalog is filled with price gouging examples of accessories that are 2 and 3 times the price of equally matched Harley Davidson, which I thought was high.

While R&D can be expensive, I'm going to disagree especially with plastic and metallic items.
These days the entire vehicle is designed in a CAD program, they can test for interference with other items without ever having to build anything, they can change materials and colors without having to build them to see what it will look like. Rapid prototyping let's them build variations out of plastic without having to go into the detail and without using the final materials and labor to see if it works in the real world.

there is very little reason for a company the size of BRP to be charging so much other than greed. And this is coming from someone who has worked on electrical engineering projects that went to market, today's designers don't have the redesign and re-prototype cycles they did years ago... Assuming they use the tools at their disposal

ARtraveler
11-02-2014, 02:03 PM

I can get a heavy duty metal license plate frame with my riding club logo on it. Nicely chromed too. Cost is $25.00.

GunDoctor
11-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Lots of questions on the various version packages for the F3. It's my understanding that these " packages" don't exist, just suggested items to buy to make a different version.

SpyderRx
11-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Lots of questions on the various version packages for the F3. It's my understanding that these " packages" don't exist, just suggested items to buy to make a different version.
I have seen the actual dealer list with these packages and dealer cost on these packages. They do exist.

GunDoctor
11-02-2014, 10:41 PM
And there you have it...

Jharpo
02-08-2015, 03:41 PM
I ordered the Blue Ridge Windshield, driver floor boards, driver back rest, and touring bags when I placed my original order for my F3S. I took possession of my Spyder F3S on Jan. 21 complete with the windshield. I am still waiting for BRP to ship the remaining items. Each week, they keep pushing back the ship date, not just for mine, but for everyone. I have a trip to the Keys scheduled for 2/22 and a 4000+ mile trip westward on 5/17. It's looking like with out a miracle, I will not have any of these items on the 2/22 trip and there is a very good chance that I won't have all of them for my big adventure. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'm more like furious and frustrated. My dealer is going above and beyond to try to get them, but he can't get what they haven't produced.

Ronbo
02-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Would you mind shahring where you found the package price info?

thanks

ron

DB Dan
02-16-2015, 02:59 PM
My 2015 awesome Spyder F3s from Bert's mega mall in S. Ca. was $25,932 out the door. They gave me 15 percent off accessories which totaled
$2,331 so total is $28,263. Acc included w\blue ridge windshield, riders backrest & passenger butt rest, travel cover & saddlebags w/liners. I've only received the windshield so far. I had floorboards ordered but since I'm 6'-4" I can stretch out & be more comfy w/stock footpegs which are quite large & cushy & at the perfect angle for activating the brake pedal. I absolutely luv my new ride & can't wait to get the other items on the bike as we have several long weekend rides planned with the Inland Empire Rolling Thunder Group! I'm also using a large Bikers Friend bag mounted on the passenger seat & it can hold your helmet & lots of misc. DB Dan ...<***>...

GunDoctor
02-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Glad you were able to make that purchase, congrats. I tried three times to order my F3 in September from them but no one would ever return my call from Bert's. Paying cash...seemed to me a no brainer. Went to Jet World and they are awesome, oh and we just bought #2 F-3 from them. Should be here any day.Snooze you lose. You got some nice accessories. Want the travel cover, but the catalog has the wrong picture in there for the F3. Happy ryding.

SpyderRx
02-21-2015, 08:13 PM
I was in the dealership today, still trying to decide between the F-3 and ST :banghead: and the parts guy told me that the his Can-Am rep told him this week that they would be releasing the route 66 windshield that was discontinued under a new name very soon. Maybe they reworked the shield some. He also had a list of dates that most of the accessories were suppose to arrive. Looked like most of the items remaining to be released such as backrest are coming in March. Thinking I'm leaning toward the ST at the moment due to the increased touring capabilities. I like to take a couple of 1500 to 2000 mile trips a year. Anyone seen some good deals on any leftover 2014's?

den1953
02-21-2015, 09:18 PM
Ronbo I apologize for stating that figure some months ago and I think it was the dealer cost for those accessories in that package. I cannot remember where I read it but it wasn't retail price. I didn't intend to mislead anyone.

one2doo
02-21-2015, 09:44 PM
All in all is the most comfortable Spyder I have owned or sat on! It will smoke my GS with all the mods and out handle it.:yes:

SpyderRx
02-21-2015, 10:14 PM
My dealer also told me he had a deposit on an F3-S and the guy had added $8,000 in accessories.