PDA

View Full Version : Factory supplied Garmin 660

Buggy
09-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Does the Garmin 660 bought through BRP come with lifetime map updates?

tigerdr
09-27-2014, 12:36 PM
No. You have to purchase Lifetime Map from Garmin.

Explorer
09-27-2014, 01:20 PM
The box that came with your Limited probably says 660LM. The LM means you are entitled to lifetime maps.
Roger

Buggy
09-27-2014, 01:41 PM
The box that came with your Limited probably says 660LM. The LM means you are entitled to lifetime maps.
Roger

Thanks Roger....I haven't taken delivery yet so no box. Great to know it has lifetime maps as it should for the price they are charging.

cheers

Kevin

Pennyrick
09-27-2014, 01:41 PM
Roger

Garmin did not allow the 660's on the two 2012 RT limiteds we own to be upgraded without charging us for the updates. We registered the serial numbers on the Garmin site when we bought them in 2012 but that doesn't make any difference to Garmin.

samewok
09-27-2014, 03:02 PM
It is life time traffic only.

MEP
09-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Does the Garmin 660 bought through BRP come with lifetime map updates?

The one that I bought in August for our 2014 RT S SE6 came with free lifetime map updates.

billybovine
09-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Sometime during the 2013 model year the gps model changed. Early builds got the Zumo 660 and late builds got the Zumo 660LM. The LM stands for Lifetime Maps. So if you are getting a 2014 it will be a 660LM. If you want to know for sure. Take out the battery and the model will be displayed there. Now for the 2015 model year it looks they are changing again and going to the Zumo 590. I don't know yet if it will be a LM model. My guess is that it will.

No matter which 660 you get the dealer list is still old. Created in 2009 and is very incomplete and inaccurate. Install the new dealer file see link. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?64874-New-dealer-list-for-Garmin-GPS

mcpjan
09-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Sometime during the 2013 model year the gps model changed. Early builds got the Zumo 660 and late builds got the Zumo 660LM. The LM stands for Lifetime Maps. So if you are getting a 2014 it will be a 660LM. If you want to know for sure. Take out the battery and the model will be displayed there. Now for the 2015 model year it looks they are changing again and going to the Zumo 590. I don't know yet if it will be a LM model. My guess is that it will.

No matter which 660 you get the dealer list is still old. Created in 2009 and is very incomplete and inaccurate. Install the new dealer file see link. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?64874-New-dealer-list-for-Garmin-GPS

But they are non transferable. If you sell the bike with GPS or just the GPS the new owner will have to purchase the maps. I know this as I purchase a use RTL and had checked it out.

billybovine
09-27-2014, 06:28 PM
But they are non transferable. If you sell the bike with GPS or just the GPS the new owner will have to purchase the maps. I know this as I purchase a use RTL and had checked it out.

That is incorrect. The Lifetime Maps stay with the GPS not to any person. If you plug the GPS into any computer running Garmin Express it will know if it has Lifetime Maps or not.

Frank G
09-27-2014, 07:30 PM
The 660 that came with our 2012 RT Limited has lifetime maps, upgraded twice. It looks like some do and some don't, apparently GARMIN shipped BRP what ever they had on the shelf without regard to the ability for map upgrade. With that said (and my opinion) it is the luck of the draw weather you get life time maps. You may also want to read the fine print in the offering from BRP.
By the way, we really like our 660, :yes::yes:just don't use the factory installed dealer information.

Spyder_Cowgirl
09-27-2014, 07:38 PM
The 660 that came with our 2012 RT Limited has lifetime maps, upgraded twice. It looks like some do and some don't, apparently GARMIN shipped BRP what ever they had on the shelf without regard to the ability for map upgrade. With that said (and my opinion) it is the luck of the draw weather you get life time maps. You may also want to read the fine print in the offering from BRP.
By the way, we really like our 660, :yes::yes:just don't use the factory installed dealer information.

My 2012 RT Limited also appears to have lifetime maps .... as I recall, when we purchased the dealer said it did and I didn't think much about it until hooked it up and installed Express. Since then, I've updated firmware and maps several times. So ... as above, some 2012's have lifetime and some don't.

Best regards ..... Ann