PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Guys

Kraut
09-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Want to pass on a heartfelt thanks to the Whittier Fun Center and BRP for a great job in repairing my 2010 RT A&C. I began experiencing check engine warnings and “limp mode idle on start up during a High Sierra/Yosemite Valley ryde in late July. No further problems for a while but then the dreaded DPS failure reared its ugly head and it was time to make the sojourn south get fixed. Whittier Fun Center’s Service Manager, Bryce Lindsley, was waiting when I rode in to have them troubleshoot the problem and immediately pulled “Skoot3r” in to the bay and hooked up the BUDS. If anything could throw a code it had, including the parking brake. Bryce sent off the BUDS report to BRP, talked with his BRP tech rep, and within an hour had updated software loaded, and was testing and test riding. None of the faults could be recreated, but none of us really felt 100% confident; just that nothing more could be done at that time. After a 163 mile sweet ride home a total TPS failure occured and Skoot3r was trailered back down to Bryce. The TPS and Throttle body were replaced, Skoot3r was tested thoroughly, and I was back on the road within a week. The point is that the Whittier Fun Center and BRP worked together to support me. Bryce has two fine CanAm trained and “seasoned” techs in Nick Beauchaine and David Dortch who worked hard to get me back on the road in minimum time, and they also had great support from BRP’s tech rep. We don’t hear much about outstanding dealerships and even less about good BRP support but here is a case where good relationships between the dealer’s service department and BRP can make a world of difference. For all you SOCAL ryders, you might want to check out the Fun Center-it’s worth the trip.

ARtraveler
09-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Good reports are good. :yes::yes::yes:

ChasCS
09-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks for sharing the good news.

It's a welcome break from the regular Complaints Department. ;-)

Hopefully many other happy Spyder guys and gals will also share the good... More often.

Chas