PDA

View Full Version : fuse blown

gwritesel
09-26-2014, 06:38 PM
over the past year I've had the f8 fuse blow twice.It controls the heated grips and the compressor for the shocks.Anybody else having this problem. 2012 rts se5

Stumpy
09-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Mine has done that before, I can't remember what number mine is, but mine has something to do with the fog lights, every time I turn them on, that fuse blows and I lose the heated grips and horn. I'm not sure about anything else, taking it to the service shop tomorrow morning.

gwritesel
09-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Mine has done that before, I can't remember what number mine is, but mine has something to do with the fog lights, every time I turn them on, that fuse blows and I lose the heated grips and horn. I'm not sure about anything else, taking it to the service shop tomorrow morning.

Post back and let us know what they find. That's the same fuse,20 amp controls grips,fog lights,compressor and horn

gwritesel
09-27-2014, 12:37 PM
If you or the shop has had your frunk off you may have a pinched wire for the fog lights or the horn. You could also have a semi broken connector near the top of the front shock. Had this happen to me on the left fog light. Caused a short of 12vdc to the shock and blow the fuse. Found the problem after the second blown fuse. The Frunk connector have to be dressed so they stay away from the shocks. They fixed this problem in the 2014 RT's.

Thanks Doc I'll check that out

Stumpy
09-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Talked with the service guy this morning and told him about what I'd read on here , guy said they were pulling mine back there now and would tell the guys. An hour later called and said that it was fixed and ready. But it's going to cost 210.00$$ I got this as a present from my dad and it has the warranty on it, shouldn't this be covered??

Stumpy
09-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks Doc for helping me out, I'll be sure and give them that info we talked about Thursday morning when I go to get her. Thanks again for helping a newbie like me out!!!

tigerdr
10-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I had to replace fuse #8 this morning. Horn was dead. First time for me. RTS 2010.

Cleg
10-04-2014, 01:57 PM
:clap:Thanks for this thread. Was in Outer Banks NC this week and lost the fogs...then amazingly, the horn didn't work...as well the battery went dead :cus:... I have changed the sway bar and had to loosen the frunk...alas maybe I pinched a wire, not likely but worth a check see. I'll check the fuses as well:thumbup: