PDA

View Full Version : Just Pre-Ordered my F3-S!

Smallz
09-26-2014, 11:37 AM
I have ridden motorcycles for years. My first mode of transportation was a Honda Elite 80 when I was 15 and I took that thing everywhere! As time progressed so did my taste in bikes and I eventually graduated from my little Elite to an R1. I practically lived on that bike and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately in my early 30s I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and it got me in my legs and with my balance. The combination meant the end of a life for me that I thought I would never see again. Granted 3 wheel conversions have existed for generations and that could have been an option but not one that excited me. I have been a HUGE fan of the Spyder for years but the seating position of the legs has kept me from getting one. Imagine my excitement when I saw the F3 announcement! I am SOOOO excited to be able to enjoy the feeling of the open air again I am getting tears thinking about it! The dealership is saying January which can't come soon enough. Keep your fingers crossed that one of those beautiful bikes I am seeing in the videos finds it's way to Honda House in Richmond VA much much sooner! Especially if it is of the Pure Magnesium Metalic/Steel Black Metallic/Red Frame variety that I ordered!

ARtraveler
09-26-2014, 11:43 AM
I have ridden motorcycles for years. My first mode of transportation was a Honda Elite 80 when I was 15 and I took that thing everywhere! As time progressed so did my taste in bikes and I eventually graduated from my little Elite to an R1. I practically lived on that bike and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately in my early 30s I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and it got me in my legs and with my balance. The combination meant the end of a life for me that I thought I would never see again. Granted 3 wheel conversions have existed for generations and that could have been an option but not one that excited me. I have been a HUGE fan of the Spyder for years but the seating position of the legs has kept me from getting one. Imagine my excitement when I saw the F3 announcement! I am SOOOO excited to be able to enjoy the feeling of the open air again I am getting tears thinking about it! The dealership is saying January which can't come soon enough. Keep your fingers crossed that one of those beautiful bikes I am seeing in the videos finds it's way to Honda House in Richmond VA much much sooner! Especially if it is of the Pure Magnesium Metalic/Steel Black Metallic/Red Frame variety that I ordered!

:welcome: and :congrats: on your newly ordered F3. I have a feeling that you are going to like it a lot. The ACE 1330 engine is something else. Coupled with the lighter weight and more aerodynamic ergos of the F3--it should be a real winner.

Please keep us updated and remember that pictures and ride impressions are required. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-26-2014, 12:16 PM
:agree: :2thumbs: Welcome to the PARTY!! :yes::ohyea::yes:

Tanshanomi
09-26-2014, 12:38 PM
I am thrilled to hear that the F3 appeals to someone who was otherwise able to resist the siren call of the Spyder lineup. I personally am exactly the opposite on the feet-forward ergonomic question, but that's not the point; they already made the RS-S for me. I think the F3 is a very smart move on BRP's part, and anything that expands the family of Spyderisti is a good thing in my book!

PrairieSpyder
09-26-2014, 01:00 PM
:welcome: & :congrats:. I can't wait to see some pictures. I think the red frame with the black and gray will be sharp. You'll have to come to SpyderFest in the spring, and start the farkles. :ohyea:

iSpyder
09-26-2014, 01:20 PM
I have been a HUGE fan of the Spyder for years but the seating position of the legs has kept me from getting one. Imagine my excitement when I saw the F3 announcement! I am SOOOO excited to be able to enjoy the feeling of the open air again I am getting tears thinking about it!

Awesome! Welcome to the :f_spider:family!

Chupaca
09-26-2014, 01:31 PM
And the 2014/15 waiting season begins...:roflblack: do hope your wishes come true. We went through this with the 2014 RT's and it is all things to many. :pray:

Purple Guy
09-26-2014, 01:56 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

Look forward to hearing your first impressions! :yes:

spydaman60
09-26-2014, 01:59 PM
a big congratulations!! hope you enjoy yours as much as the wife and I enjoy ours!!

dguisinger
09-26-2014, 04:30 PM
as much as I complained that they didn't come out with a new RSS, I had my dealer order one of these up in the sports/muscular package.

Time to get rid of my 2012 lemon

Mike,P
09-26-2014, 04:36 PM
I went with the F3S Orange manual trans... Will sort out options nxt week sometime 😎

dguisinger
09-26-2014, 04:40 PM
I went with the F3S Orange manual trans... Will sort out options nxt week sometime 😎

Orange and black SE6 here
since mine was a lemon my dealer is really bending over backwards to get me out of it, had an offer I couldn't refuse

Mike,P
09-26-2014, 05:24 PM
I only went with the manual trans cause the few people I talked to that rode the F3 said it was more fun w the manual... I've been waiting to hear from Lamont on the subject n left him a PM but I know he's kinda busy... I love the paddle shift on the RTS but I sometimes wish that it was a manual.. The resale on the SE6 vs SM6 is better no doubt but I don't think it will hurt as much on an F3 vs an RT especially if it increases the fun factor 😎

dguisinger
09-26-2014, 05:38 PM
I only went with the manual trans cause the few people I talked to that rode the F3 said it was more fun w the manual... I've been waiting to hear from Lamont on the subject n left him a PM but I know he's kinda busy... I love the paddle shift on the RTS but I sometimes wish that it was a manual.. The resale on the SE6 vs SM6 is better no doubt but I don't think it will hurt as much on an F3 vs an RT especially if it increases the fun factor 😎

Weird, I would assume they are geared the same...
my SE5 is extreamly fun on the RSS and I'm glad I have it in rush hour traffic ...
I mean it's basicly an electronically actuated manual transmission as far as I know

Tanshanomi
09-26-2014, 06:41 PM
My wife and I both chose to buy manuals. We've both ridden SE5s several times, and just like working the clutch ourselves. It's more fun, and there's a more direct feeling of control. But we both came from two wheels; I know people who have flappy paddles and would never switch!

Mike,P
09-26-2014, 07:08 PM
Weird, I would assume they are geared the same...
my SE5 is extreamly fun on the RSS and I'm glad I have it in rush hour traffic ...
I mean it's basicly an electronically actuated manual transmission as far as I know

It's not weird,, there is a noticeable lag on all SE transmissions.... The moto journalist's have been commenting on it for years.. Like I said ,, I like it on an RT ,,, on the F3 I'm goin a different route.. Unless I hear something drastically different from Lamont...

GunDoctor
09-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Hi folks, brand new here. Three years ago my girlfriend and I test drove the SPYDER here in Los Angeles and once I saw the smile on her face, that was it for me. On her birthday I bought an RSS for her. Me, I still amW riding the Harley, well that is until I ordered myself a F3 this afternoon. Not sure what I will do with the HD Deuce, kinda depends if I can get all 3 in the garage.

chuck gross
09-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Glad you found something that will work for you I hope you have a blast riding your new F3-S and good color choice
I bet you just can't wait:yes: it sounds like you have been waiting for a long time for the right machine to come along I don't think you will be disappointed the F3 has to hual:cus:

BikerDoc
09-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Welcome. I think the Spyder opens up a lot of doors. Have a great time

dguisinger
09-27-2014, 01:07 AM
It's not weird,, there is a noticeable lag on all SE transmissions.... The moto journalist's have been commenting on it for years.. Like I said ,, I like it on an RT ,,, on the F3 I'm goin a different route.. Unless I hear something drastically different from Lamont...

i guess I dunno, most of the time my SE5 shifts instantly and I don't notice it much, whereas I've had a manual in my cars for 10 years and I still make mistakes shifting it all the time :p

PrairieSpyder
09-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Hi folks, brand new here. Three years ago my girlfriend and I test drove the SPYDER here in Los Angeles and once I saw the smile on her face, that was it for me. On her birthday I bought an RSS for her. Me, I still amW riding the Harley, well that is until I ordered myself a F3 this afternoon. Not sure what I will do with the HD Deuce, kinda depends if I can get all 3 in the garage.

:congrats: to you, too!

ekfraz
09-27-2014, 08:33 AM
I too was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1996, my balance is ok, my legs are weaker, I am on my 2nd Spyder and the heat from my 13 RTS-SE5 might just put an end to my riding, as you know heat and MS don't mix too well at all. I hope you will find the 2015 to your solution for riding, if BRP does no fix the RT heat problem on my Spyder I will just have to give up on the riding because being in SSDI they don't pay enough to afford a new one.

Smallz
09-27-2014, 10:35 AM
I too was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1996, my balance is ok, my legs are weaker, I am on my 2nd Spyder and the heat from my 13 RTS-SE5 might just put an end to my riding, as you know heat and MS don't mix too well at all. I hope you will find the 2015 to your solution for riding, if BRP does no fix the RT heat problem on my Spyder I will just have to give up on the riding because being in SSDI they don't pay enough to afford a new one.

I am sorry to hear that! I hope that BRP does something to make it right for everyone! I am hoping with the open frame style of the F3 that heat dispersion will be less of a problem.

Smallz
09-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Has anybody heard any rumors on when they can be expected? My dealer is telling me January.

dguisinger
09-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Has anybody heard any rumors on when they can be expected? My dealer is telling me January.

I was told January as well
My dealer told me they are only making a certain number for 2015 and that they have to put their order in for models/colors next week.

Smallz
09-29-2014, 02:09 PM
I was told January as well
My dealer told me they are only making a certain number for 2015 and that they have to put their order in for models/colors next week.

My dealer told me the same thing. Said they were getting 5 alloted to them. I guess the race is on to see who gets theirs first... #Lamonster doesn't count :P

vondalyn
09-29-2014, 03:26 PM
my dealer told me the same thing. I put my deposit down on Saturday. Can't wait!

Midian
03-30-2015, 10:03 PM
An MS diagnosis in Feb of 2014 brought me to looking at RT spyders these last few months. Once I saw the platforms and hand brake options... sign me up!:2thumbs: Looking to pull the trigger in mid-May. :yes: