PDA

View Full Version : To New Owners

syclemom
09-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Welcome to new owners , my wifes 2010 Rts was a early Sept. 09 built spare demo. that we begged a friend to sell us prior to the first Serialized production orders. on Jan.5,2010. I was a little skeptical about such an early release model so I also purchased the Dealer service manual ,my wife having had both a 1500 & 1800 Goldwing trikes was a good test since she rides daily in southeast Texas. We have never looked back , she is approaching 70,000mi. and regularly rides 5 hrs. to our daughters and 10hrs. our sons house alone , she DOES NOT WORK , she says shes a professional biker. She has ridden this RTs to Alaska , PCH 1 , to every ocean and to the Keys next month , I hope this helps some new owners feel as good about their purchase as we have my wifes "Bella" as she named it. I can also say this bike has never left her stranded anywhere.

ARtraveler
09-26-2014, 11:38 AM
:congrats: and Rock On Lady. :yes::yes:

At 70,000 miles you might just be "the" mileage queen on a 2010 to date. There are a couple more that are in the same mileage area.

tip
09-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi,
Thank you for the welcome!
I fly to Greenvile,Tx. tomorrow to pick up my new 2014 rt.Have not even sat on one so the ride home should be an "adjustment period".
Have been riding a Goldwing W/Hannigan kit.Will post my feelings between the 2 when I get home.
Looking forward to attending some of the upcoming events to meet the members of this forum.
Wish me luck on my 1200 mile return trip.
Tip
Mathias,wv

ARtraveler
09-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi,
Thank you for the welcome!
I fly to Greenvile,Tx. tomorrow to pick up my new 2014 rt.Have not even sat on one so the ride home should be an "adjustment period".
Have been riding a Goldwing W/Hannigan kit.Will post my feelings between the 2 when I get home.
Looking forward to attending some of the upcoming events to meet the members of this forum.
Wish me luck on my 1200 mile return trip.
Tip
Mathias,wv

The first 100-500 miles are the learning curve. The main caveat--do not try to over control the :spyder2:. I would build up to higher speeds as the ride progresses. By the time you complete your 1200 mile journey, you should have it all figured out.

Enjoy, and have a safe journey. :yes:

Chupaca
09-26-2014, 12:25 PM
wish we had more threads like yours. There are sooo! Many like you out there but quietly enjoying the ryde. Thanks and ryde on...:ohyea::ohyea:

Vossr
10-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Appreciate the Welcome and encouragement. Already learning loads of good info from all you Spyder Lovers out there.

I've had my Spyder a couple weeks now, still getting used to it. I'm still a bit nervous in the turns but its getting easier.
Been dodging the South Central Texas Heat, so I haven't ridden as much as I want. But cooler weather is coming!

BikerDoc
10-03-2014, 04:10 PM
I love the good news stories.. Wish more folks would take the time to post them so we would get a more balanced view on the forum to newbies

PrairieSpyder
10-03-2014, 04:22 PM
:2thumbs: 70K miles on one of the first RTs!!!! Way to go! :bowdown:

Professional biker? How much does it pay? Where do I sign up? :dontknow:

Deanna777
10-04-2014, 02:26 PM
My first spyder was a 2012RTS-SE5 ( Metallic Blue) I was nervous at first, I would go out riding until I got use to the spyder.

I kept my first spyder for 2 years, then when the 2014's were on the market, Mike( Blueknight911) and I were in Springfield, Mo we took a demo ride, that topped the cake, so we both bought 1. We both really like the 14's. Deanna

Roadster Renovations
10-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Less control is better. The bike likes to almost drive itself. When I first started riding my '14 RTS I tried to muscle the steering and quickly found that made the curves choppy. Once you relax, pick your line and let her gradually take you through it, you will be in love! Also, play with the suspension settings. It will give you a very different ride. Find the one that works best for you. And, SMILE, you picked an awesome machine!! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

PW2013STL
10-05-2014, 07:34 AM
:2thumbs: 70K miles on one of the first RTs!!!! Way to go! :bowdown:

Professional biker? How much does it pay? Where do I sign up? :dontknow:

:agree: Sign me up:2thumbs:

Congrats on your milage that is awesome :yes::yes:

Bob Denman
10-05-2014, 08:01 AM
I'll be happy to put down the "Insurance" pen, and join your gig as well... :D :clap: :2thumbs:
:congrats:

Dragonrider
10-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Take the back roads for at least the first couple of hundred miles, and focus on NOT white knuckling the bars.... by the time you get home, you'll be a happy camper...