PDA

View Full Version : Need service

Gumbeau
09-25-2014, 06:50 PM
I recently purchased a new 2014 spyder RT limited. Love the trike, not really impressed by the dealer service. Does anyone know of a service facility in the Bay Area (Northern California)? At this time I just need. Tire balance, but I am concerned about their lack of urgency demonstrated by the dealer. It bothers me that they delivered a $30k+ product without making sure it was right, so I am seeking alternative service options. If anyone knows anyone that services these great machines, please let me know.

thanks

Cruzr Joe
09-25-2014, 07:42 PM
to balance the front wheels, take them off the Spyder, remove any weights, clean the wheel thoroughly (do not use any cleaner with grease or oil or anything similar) wipe the inside of the rim with alcohol and take the tires to a local tire shop and have them computer balance them.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
09-26-2014, 07:00 AM
Not being in your neighborhood; I don't know how many dealerships may be within a practical distance... :shocked:
My advice:
Go to BRP's website, and use the dealer locator feature. Once you've got a "list of suspects"; take some time to do some research. :thumbup:
Visit the shops, talk to other customers, talk to the Technicians, ask about them in here...
Happy Hunting! :D

Gray Ghost
09-26-2014, 09:06 AM
I am seeking alternative service options.

When I was traveling through that area, the folks at Elk Grove Powersports were really helpful to me. They are about 100 miles from you but worth checking out if you are dissatisfied with your current dealer.

BikerDoc
09-26-2014, 09:24 AM
When I was traveling through that area, the folks at Elk Grove Powersports were really helpful to me. They are about 100 miles from you but worth checking out if you are dissatisfied with your current dealer.
100 miles is well worth it to find a good dealer

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-26-2014, 12:31 PM
any shop that has a hunter road force balancer can do those wheels, i did. It was no problem balancing
them. make sure your torque them back on @ 77