PDA

View Full Version : F3 Swaybar

Doug
09-25-2014, 06:52 AM
Does anyone know if the F3 will need an upgraded swaybar, if so is Ron working on one, or is it too early

BajaRon
09-25-2014, 07:00 AM
It's too early...

robmorg
09-25-2014, 10:13 AM
It's too early......but something tells me you'll be on it. ;)

Spyder Tony
09-25-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm thinking the F3 has to hit the streets before aftermarket manufacturers can get their hands on one and fabricate aftermarket parts for it. I don't believe it can be done by the specs list alone.

Then again, this is just conjecture on my part, as I have never fabricated an aftermarket part...

BajaRon
09-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Then again, this is just conjecture on my part, as I have never fabricated an aftermarket part...

It's easy! Anyone can do it!

Step 1- Just call your fabricator and tell him EXACTLY what you want.

Step 2- Then wait, and wait and wait.

Step 3- Then get the prototype that doesn't resemble anything you described.

Step 4- Then have your fabricator try again and repeat Step #2

Step 5- Get the Prototype. Try it out. Works GREAT!

Step 6- Go into production and repeat Step #2

Step 7- Take delivery of the production run and find 25% or more are not within tolerance.
- There are 2 ways to do this....
1- Ship everything and have your customer tell you the product is junk
2- Take time to check each and every part and hope you discover the defect BEFORE you ship

Step 8- Make excuses to the patient customer as to why you STILL CAN'T SHIP THEIR ORDER! :yikes:

Step 9- Go back to your fabricator and work out a system by which every piece comes out as it should and repeat Step #2

Step 10- Finally get the process nailed down and working smoothly. This usually happens just about the time everyone quits riding for the season.

Step 11- Now that you've got some spare time your brain starts churning and you get the bright idea for improving the product! :thumbup: Which brings you back to Step #1 to begin the process all over again!

Like the movie says! "It's a wonderful life!" And I'm loving every minute of it! :ohyea:

BikerDoc
09-25-2014, 11:59 AM

Step 7- Take delivery of the production run and find 25% or more are not within tolerance.
2- Take time to check each and every part and hope you discover the defect BEFORE you ship

Step 8- Make excuses to the patient customer as to why you STILL CAN'T SHIP THEIR ORDER! :yikes:

Step 9- Go back to your fabricator and work out a system by which every piece comes out as it should and repeat Step #2

Step 10- Finally get the process nailed down and working smoothly. This usually happens just about the time everyone quits riding for the season.

Step 11- Now that you've got some spare time your brain starts churning and you get the bright idea for improving the product! :thumbup: Which brings you back to Step #1 to begin the process all over again!

Like the movie says! "It's a wonderful life!" And I'm loving every minute of it! :ohyea: Wow you get to have all the fun and get paid too..... lol

ChasCS
09-25-2014, 01:27 PM
It's too early...

Gosh, you just helped & brought back some wonderful memories for me, and of a concert that was probably one of the very best I ever attended here or anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cg_guXQegQ&list=PL7443CB2CBB1AB2A4

Thanks for all the hard work you do for SpYder . . .

Chas

JerryB
09-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Hi Ron,

Re: It's easy! Anyone can do it!

Been there, done that.

Most people have no idea of what it means to develop a product & then put it out into the marketplace.

It can make you old before your time. I wouldn't do anything different.

:banghead:

Jerry Baumchen

Spyder Tony
10-02-2014, 02:38 PM

Like the movie says! "It's a wonderful life!" And I'm loving every minute of it! :ohyea:

Thanks for the laugh, Ron!
just what my day needed...

Chupaca
10-02-2014, 08:46 PM
comical as it may sound it is the path to producing a quality product such as yours. Glad you don't give up half way...that step #2 is the killer..:2thumbs:

GunDoctor
11-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Based on the pricing of the accessories I have seen in BRP catalog, I.e. License plate holder @ $95.00 we really need after market products at realistic pricing.