PDA

View Full Version : Thx Lamonster!!!!

Mike,P
09-24-2014, 07:04 PM
I first looked at the F3 and was unimpressed to say the least.. Every time I checked the updates I'd just shook my head!!! I kept thinking about the comment that Lamonster made,, "This is the Spyder I've been waiting for" The F3 might be the one I've been waiting for as well.. The F3 is a Spyder w multiple personalities.. You can dress it up,, bags n bigger windshield and ride it cross country,, or take all that crap off and ride it naked / The Spyder I mean 😃.. I've posted many times about being underwhelmed by the 14 RT.. I'dve already bought one if I thought it was that much better than what I have... I do wish the F3 had more power but it's quite a bit lighter and should be way peppier than the 14 RT.. I really like the RTS/SS but that is a cosmetic upgrade to what is already available.. Outfitting the F3 for touring won't be cheap but neither is owning 2 Spyders = Something I won't do.. I will still test ride the Slingshot nxt month,, but must admit I'm reluctant to give up handle bars for a steering wheel.. The Wifey is not that pumped about the Slingshot because you sit in it like a car... She also says the F3 looks like a tractor 😃 n I reminded her of all the cross country riding we've done on BMW GS's "They ain't no beauty queen" and many 1,000 + mile days / She never complained.. My comparison to the GS is only the ability to dress it up or down..I know at the very least I'm gonna take an F3 for a spin.. At this point I'm a ton more excited about the F3 than the Slingshot.. I know full well you can't make an F3 an RT but it's easier to dress up an F3 than it is to strip down an RT.. I'm hoping the compromise will be something the Wifey n I can be happy with.. Thx again Lamonster..

SPYD3R
09-24-2014, 07:15 PM
MIKE;
i'm WITH YOU, on taking the F3 for a test ride.... i've said b4 that i think it's ugly as sin... but i'm more about PERFORMANCE than style... i was truly hoping for the RS (i have an '09 now) to be outfitted with the 1330... but i guess i, and many MANY others were just hoping against hope for that to happen....
when the F3 hits my dealers floor, i'll be the 1st 1 to jump on and test ride it.... and if it performs as i hope it will, i'll hold my nose and sign on the dotted line...
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

Bob Denman
09-25-2014, 07:23 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_102.gif Good LUck!! :2thumbs:

JkRbbt
09-25-2014, 08:17 AM
I went to the U-build-it section of the BRP site for the F-3 and built MY idea of the F-3. I gotta say, it may be in the running IF I like the test ride! Saddle bags are small, but top loading. I think I will be able to see over the top of the windscreen, my preference. Touring style seat. Handle bars and foot pegs are adjustable. Color selection, good! Now I just have to wait until I see one. Here's hoping! :thumbup: