PDA

View Full Version : running rich

randyandsandy74
09-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Hello everyone,
I am having a problem with my 2012 RT limited. When I come to a stop sign it stops running but starts right back up and I am on my way, also when I get on the throttle hard it spits and sputters. I looked up the codes and I have a PO172 and Po175. I looked those up in my repair manual and it said running rich in left and right banks and possibly a fuel pressure regulator or purge valve. I can replace both of those but my question is do I have to recalibrate with the BUDS? If I do I have to take to the dealer anyway. Thanks in advance for your help with this. RandyandSandy74

jtoro1
09-24-2014, 04:02 PM
Check your vaccum hoses left side of throttle body

Bob Denman
09-24-2014, 05:06 PM
I don't know if a trip to let the bike talk to "BUD" is absolutely necessary, but there's a lot of possibilities that could cause this. :shocked:
Is the bike still under warranty? This sounds like a great time for your dealer to get involved.
Good Luck; please let us know what the actual cause is! :thumbup:

DrewNJ
09-24-2014, 05:39 PM
A faulty Purge will make it run lean, not rich. I agree check the vac lines first.

crazyspyder
09-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Strange that it states running rich.....I have had a head ache with my 2012 Rt running LEAN for a while now. they have replaced
the vacuum hoses at least 4x , purge valve and throttle body once. as long as they keep replacing vaccum hoses with BRP brand I will
always gonna have lean codes thrown. lean codes P0171 - P0172 . I will eventually fix them when my waranty runs out!:yikes:

randyandsandy74
10-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your input, turns out it was plugs and plug wires. Bought some from BajaRon's and they work fantastic!