is fine but when I turn it off and later start it I find I loose trailer mode

and have to reset it or once I get going I can press the mode button

till I see the trailer screen and reset on the go . The owners Manual

doesn't state that method but makes it out that you have to go to the

settings screen and take out of trailer mode as you first had to put it

into trailer mode .....had the dealer upgrade the software, didn't help, they

called the factory was told software wasn't set up to stay in trailer mode

till you removed it."

So can anyone here steer him in the right direction or know whats happening?

He"Papa Jim "will respond to your questions here.

My "TicketBaits" trailer mode after a software up date on my 2010RTS stays
in trailer mode so after gassing up there is no need to reset.

Papa Jim said "Still have to reset trailer mode each time I turn off &

turn on the key after dealer tried software update. Had them call factory

to check with them, they said no update to correct on my 2012 RTS but

did on the 2013 models. Anyone have the same problem?"

We on Spyderlovers complained about this annoyance and BRP fixed what
we asked. Not sure why his wont.:dontknow:

jcthorne
09-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Louise and my bikes went into trailer mode within hours of first delivery. Have stayed there since. Even through 2 software updates, the setting has remained. Some other settings revert once in a while if I start the bike without waiting for the nanny to phone home when first turning the key on. But trailer mode has never reverted.

Marker
09-22-2014, 12:56 PM
My 2010 RT-S SE5 after software upgrade you still have to put into trailer mode each time it is shut off and turned on again.
I still have my trailer mode icon on the dash display but its not in trailer mode if you put it park and scroll through the menu you will find that the trailer icon is out of trailer mode.
The two do not spots to turn trailer mode do not match on my spyder. I manually go to the spyder icon on the menus and turn on trailer mode and then once I get rolling a little I scroll through the screens to put into trailer mode in that location too once I have done that then the spyder is in trailer mode and you can tell the shifting pattern changes but until both locations are in trailer mode ,trailer mode is not activated and you can tell.
I am going to fix this problem by trading in my 2010 RT S SE5 on a 2015 spyder :yes:

Marker
09-22-2014, 12:58 PM
My RT 622 trailer is attached to my 2010 RT-S SE5 after software upgrade you still have to put into trailer mode each time it is shut off and turned on again.
I still have my trailer mode icon on the dash display but its not in trailer mode if you put it park and scroll through the menu you will find that the trailer icon is out of trailer mode.
The two do not spots to turn trailer mode do not match on my spyder. I manually go to the spyder icon on the menus and turn on trailer mode and then once I get rolling a little I scroll through the screens to put into trailer mode in that location too once I have done that then the spyder is in trailer mode and you can tell the shifting pattern changes but until both locations are in trailer mode ,trailer mode is not activated and you can tell.
I am going to fix this problem by trading in my 2010 RT S SE5 on a 2015 spyder :yes:

BikerDoc
09-22-2014, 01:01 PM
No question that 2014 forward with no trailer mode to worry about is another plus

TicketBait
09-22-2014, 07:38 PM
My 2010 RT-S SE5 after software upgrade you still have to put into trailer mode each time it is shut off and turned on again.

Couldn't find a pic of trailer mode but mine stays on till I manually until I disengage it. Did have my entire computer dash replaced under warranty and they put a 2011 dash in. Maybe that has something to do with it.:dontknow:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/SpyderFest%202011/2012%20Spyderfest/DSC00573.jpg

It is valuable for when i go grocery shopping I don't have to fiddle with re setting the mode.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/44b8f256-8a86-4d88-869b-6261b7c77d02.jpg

Papa Jim
09-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Louise and my bikes went into trailer mode within hours of first delivery. Have stayed there since. Even through 2 software updates, the setting has remained. Some other settings revert once in a while if I start the bike without waiting for the nanny to phone home when first turning the key on. But trailer mode has never reverted.

Have you tried while your ridding press the mode button till you see the trailer screen then press the right button to move the trailer icon to the off square? You should be able to switch it in or out
At this screen works for me.

Papa Jim
09-23-2014, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=TicketBait;877930]Couldn't find a pic of trailer mode but mine stays on till I manually until I disengage it. Did have my entire computer dash replaced under warranty and they put a 2011 dash in. Maybe that has something to do with it.:dontknow:

Like your gauges...Can you send information and how to install?

Had my dash replaced last year for other problem lost my odometer reading in the process:agree:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/SpyderFest%202011/2012%20Spyderfest/DSC00573.jpg

It is valuable for when i go grocery shopping I don't have to fiddle with re setting the mode.

]

jthornton
09-23-2014, 06:05 AM
I never use "trailer mode" I just shift at the appropriate times for the load and road conditions and what I'm doing at the time.

JT