PDA

View Full Version : Rear air shock making sounds all the time

TicketBait
09-21-2014, 05:47 PM
SpyderLover :nor spy 007 said in the chat room that

he has an 2010 RT with 38K miles on it and the rear shock

is making noise, sounds like a hiss going on and off.

( I am paraphrasing as I can't go back and read what

he wrote in the chat section.)

I asked if he had an RTS and he said he had an RT.

I know mine had a fix for the electric air bag but his

I believe doesn't come with one.

Can we give him some suggestions here.

He said he is going to take it to the dealership tomorrow in Qualicum BC.

Hopefully he will be able to read and post here, I am putting a link from that chat section here.

finless
09-21-2014, 09:03 PM
If he doesn't have the air system then it must be something else and I have no clue what could his back there!
Make sure he does not have the air system. He won't have the switch on the glovebox panel if he doesn't.

Bob

norspy 007
09-22-2014, 09:05 PM
High my name norspy oo7 I have the switches on the dash so must have rt-s, the pump comes on all the time but it's like it is trying to pump but already has air. the pump is loud like it is over pressurising.

bruiser
09-23-2014, 07:37 AM
2010 RTS' had problems with the air compressors. The one on my wife's 2010 was replaced for the same reason. You also need to check the air bag and make sure it's not leaking. That has been an issue as well. There is also a link on the left side of the rear shock that has been known to break. That link is connected to the ACS sensor which controls the compressor.

norspy 007
09-23-2014, 07:28 PM
High my name norspy oo7 I have the switches on the dash so must have rt-s, the pump comes on all the time but it's like it is trying to pump but already has air. the pump is loud like it is over pressurising.

2010 RTS' had problems with the air compressors. The one on my wife's 2010 was replaced for the same reason. You also need to check the air bag and make sure it's not leaking. That has been an issue as well. There is also a link on the left side of the rear shock that has been known to break. That link is connected to the ACS sensor which controls the compressor.
thanks, I'll try this, hope it works:bowdown: will try this norspy 007