PDA

View Full Version : Trailer hub assembly

BLZR Too
09-21-2014, 01:38 AM
I'm towing a Bunkhouse pop-up trailer and was looking to change out the wheels to match the ones on my Spyder. Unfortunately, the hub assembly on the trailer won't accept the wheel. Is it possible to purchase a hub replacement kit from BRP? Will it fit a 1" spindle on the trailer?

Thanks for your help!

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-21-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm towing a Bunkhouse pop-up trailer and was looking to change out the wheels to match the ones on my Spyder. Unfortunately, the hub assembly on the trailer won't accept the wheel. Is it possible to purchase a hub replacement kit from BRP? Will it fit a 1" spindle on the trailer?

Thanks for your help!
Go to http://parts.spyder.brp.com. Hubs are available. Find a part number and find someone to sell it to you, local or net. Don't know about spindle size, but most likely will fit.

billybovine
09-21-2014, 12:37 PM

Thanks for your help!

You are not clear what wheel you are trying to put on your trailer. If it is a actual Spyder wheel, well that is a 3 bolt. You are not going to find a hub for that. If you are going to use a RT622 wheel then that is a 4 bolt and should be available at any autoparts/trailer supply store.

BLZR Too
09-22-2014, 09:08 PM
You are not clear what wheel you are trying to put on your trailer. If it is a actual Spyder wheel, well that is a 3 bolt. You are not going to find a hub for that. If you are going to use a RT622 wheel then that is a 4 bolt and should be available at any autoparts/trailer supply store.

I bought the RT622 wheels to match the ones on my RT. The trailer has a 4 bolt hub but the wheel has an extra lip mid-way through the opening that doesn't allow the wheel to be mounted.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-22-2014, 10:35 PM
I bought the RT622 wheels to match the ones on my RT. The trailer has a 4 bolt hub but the wheel has an extra lip mid-way through the opening that doesn't allow the wheel to be mounted...........................If I'm not mis-taken the Bunkhouse trl. is made in the USA .......The 622 is made in Canada or at least under the Metric system and this could be the problem..........................Mike

billybovine
09-23-2014, 09:09 AM
I bought the RT622 wheels to match the ones on my RT. The trailer has a 4 bolt hub but the wheel has an extra lip mid-way through the opening that doesn't allow the wheel to be mounted.

So somebody is none standard, likely BRP but that is a guess. So you can buy BRP hubs but will they fit your stub, diameter and length? (705400786 Wheel Hub Ass'y. Includes 1 to 2 $93.49 CAD)

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-23-2014, 02:29 PM
If the lug hole spacing & center hole work take wheel to a machine shop cut the lip off.