PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT's Maintenance (Air & Fuel Filter)

Cruzr Joe
09-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Just had my fuel and air filter replaced on my 2014 RTS, could have gone a little longer on the air filter but after you take it all apart, change it, one thing that Spyderpops did when he changed the air filter is that he vacuumed out the area that the air filter sits in, GOOD MOVE, lots of little extra trash was hanging out in there. Fuel filter was a little tricky getting out but it is also replaced, just passed 18,000 Miles.

Cruzr Joe

scottnkansas
09-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Sound like you've gotten to do a lot of riding this past year. Will you be at Lamont's BBQ next month? My wife and I was at the mo gang ride last year and we talked a little.

Scott

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-20-2014, 03:26 PM
​Joe ....what kind of trash are we speaking of ????.....would it help to put a 1/4 inch ( squares ) piece of screen to prevent this type of thing ?????,.......Mike

Bob Denman
09-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Joe,
Thanks for the heads-up on this sort of thing!! :clap::firstplace::2thumbs:
You're getting so good at this, that maybe it's time for the "Ban on speaking about electrical stuff"; may need lifting! :D

Cruzr Joe
09-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Sound like you've gotten to do a lot of riding this past year. Will you be at Lamont's BBQ next month? My wife and I was at the mo gang ride last year and we talked a little.

Scott

We will be there Friday And Saturday, look forward to seeing everyone

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
09-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Joe,
Thanks for the heads-up on this sort of thing!! :clap::firstplace::2thumbs:
You're getting so good at this, that maybe it's time for the "Ban on speaking about electrical stuff"; may need lifting! :D

:hun:, shame on you for even mentioning that. :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie ::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr joe

Cruzr Joe
09-20-2014, 09:01 PM
​Joe ....what kind of trash are we speaking of ????.....would it help to put a 1/4 inch ( squares ) piece of screen to prevent this type of thing ?????,.......Mike

No it was just trash that could not get past the filter but was content to just hang around.

Cruzr Joe