PDA

View Full Version : I got a call from BRP

jwfranklin
10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I was told sept 26, by my dealer, that my Red SM5 was produced that day and would be here the second week of Oct. I called him yesterday to see if he had any word. Didn't know anything, but would check. Today I got a call from a sales rep from BRP. First they normally don't talk to individual customers, only to dealers. Then told me that 10 Red SM5's were scheduled to be produced that day, and only 8 were. So mine and 1 other were not produced, and mine wouldn't be here till first or second week of Nov. He would put mine as a priority. I told him not to bother, and as my certificate said delivery by Oct 31. I would cancel the order. He said he would like to maintain the order, so let him see if he could find me one. He called back about a hour later, and said they had one ready to be shipped, and had called the dealer it was going to, and they released it to me. It was to ship today, and be here either Friday or Monday. He gave me his direct phone number, and told me to call him when I received it. Earlier I had called American Can-am to see if they still had the Red SM5 they said they had in stock. They didn't, said they had received 2 Red SE5 yesterday. and received units in almost every day and would call when they received one. The BRP sales rep had been told a couple of weeks ago about a dealer having units in stock by my dealer, who I had told. He asked me about this. He asked me if I would be willing to go pick one up from them. Told him apparently it was sold, but they were getting units in regularly. He told me NO units were to have been shipped for stock and wouldn't be till Nov. If this is happening It is one reason they are having such a problem meeting customers orders. Hopefully I will have it by Sat so I can install some of the accesories I have. Then load it on the Toy Hauler with the BH trike and head for Biketoberfest Wed.

Wayne

FANG
10-08-2008, 06:02 PM
:congrats: hope it all works out for you. Enjoy you new ryde. :yes:

drifter
10-08-2008, 06:10 PM
:congrats::yes::yes::yes::cheers:

gjco
10-08-2008, 06:34 PM
:yes::2thumbs::clap:

Smylinacha
10-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Then you should be gettng your :spyder:soon! Have fun! :):2thumbs:

SpyderDog65
10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
:congrats:welcomehope everything works out for u i have had some probs getting my red se5 too but they all have seemed to work out for me so we shall both have our hair blowing in the wind soon :) Michael, Spyder Ryders Unite:2excited:

jwfranklin
10-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm hoping I get my Spyder tomorrow. I called the guy at BRP this morning to see if it had shipped yesterday. It hadn't, and was set to ship Friday with delivery to my dealer on Tuesday. I told them to do what I had told them the day before. and cancel the order. They seem to be good on making promises but short on following through. Then I got a call this afternoon from another BRP offical. Who told me he wished I had talked to him yesterday. They have a Red SM5 that will be at my dealers tomorrow morning. BRP is also giving me a $500.00 certificate good for parts and accesories for the trouble. Hope everything works out.

Wayne

jwfranklin
10-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Heard from my dealer a little after noon he has my Spyder in his shop and they are starting to install my accesories. It will be late this afternoon before they have it ready for me to pickup. So to avoid the late afternoon traffic I will pick it up first thing in the morning. I had almost the same problems with my Boss Hoss trike, missed 2 promised delivery dates, almost missed the third. It has proved to be my most enjoyable bike ever. and they biggest attention getter. When my trike was parked about 2 spaces over from Lamont's Spyder in Myrtle Beach it was hard to say which got the most attention, until the engine came to life on the BH.

Wayne