PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska.....Check

SpyderAnn01
09-13-2014, 08:27 PM
I have taken some heat for having a blank in the middle of my state visited map and I just want you all to know that I can now say that I have ridden my Spyder through the great state of Nebraska. I had been there in a car but never on the Spyder and since it is smack in the middle of the country people would send me private messages asking what I had against the state. I don't have anything against it, it just never fell in my path of travel until this last week. We rode from Las Vegas to Kansas City for a Harley V-Rod rally. On the way we worked on a couple of Spyders in Oklahoma City and one in Tulsa before heading to KC. While in KC we aligned a few more and sold some lights and links too. Then it was on to Wisconsin to visit my sister and then Illinois to visit my brother.

We had planned to leave the Chicago area early on Wednesday but they had very heavy rain so we waited a couple of hours for things to settle down. We rode the super slab to Lincoln, NE where we spent the night. Our original plan was to stay on I80 then hit I70 and take that to Utah but the monsoon rains washed out part of Interstate 15 just north of Las Vegas and we heard stories of it taking several hours to negotiate the detour. So we decided to head south to Tucumcari NM where we would catch I40. It was a pretty ride, if you like crops and cows. The sun finally came out and things warmed up around the Kansas - Oklahoma border. We watched some incredible lightning for 100 miles but only caught a little rain. It was 75 when we got to Tucumcari around 8:30 pm but was 45 and pouring rain at 5:30 am. Went back to bed and finally hit the road around 9:00. It was really cold but not much rain until we hit Albuquerque. Then it was hot and sunny the rest of the way.

We stopped for gas in Kingman, AZ around 8:30 pm and we started out on the last 100 miles when I noticed smoke coming from the trailer. The wheel bearing was shot and I was able to limp it to a DOT Truck Weigh Station where they let me lock it up for the night. We finally made it home around 11:00 pm and today we spent the day retrieving the trailer. 100 miles down and 100 back then 60 miles round trip to return the trailer. We had done the bearings in the spring but I've put close to 20,000 miles on since then.

Nebraska done next up Florida.

PrairieSpyder
09-13-2014, 10:29 PM
I think you guys are the Spyder mileage champs! I'm glad you're home safe and sound. :thumbup:

Blue Star
09-13-2014, 10:36 PM
I have taken some heat for having a blank in the middle of my state visited map and I just want you all to know that I can now say that I have ridden my Spyder through the great state of Nebraska. I had been there in a car but never on the Spyder and since it is smack in the middle of the country people would send me private messages asking what I had against the state. I don't have anything against it, it just never fell in my path of travel until this last week. We rode from Las Vegas to Kansas City for a Harley V-Rod rally. On the way we worked on a couple of Spyders in Oklahoma City and one in Tulsa before heading to KC. While in KC we aligned a few more and sold some lights and links too. Then it was on to Wisconsin to visit my sister and then Illinois to visit my brother.

We had planned to leave the Chicago area early on Wednesday but they had very heavy rain so we waited a couple of hours for things to settle down. We rode the super slab to Lincoln, NE where we spent the night. Our original plan was to stay on I80 then hit I70 and take that to Utah but the monsoon rains washed out part of Interstate 15 just north of Las Vegas and we heard stories of it taking several hours to negotiate the detour. So we decided to head south to Tucumcari NM where we would catch I40. It was a pretty ride, if you like crops and cows. The sun finally came out and things warmed up around the Kansas - Oklahoma border. We watched some incredible lightning for 100 miles but only caught a little rain. It was 75 when we got to Tucumcari around 8:30 pm but was 45 and pouring rain at 5:30 am. Went back to bed and finally hit the road around 9:00. It was really cold but not much rain until we hit Albuquerque. Then it was hot and sunny the rest of the way.

We stopped for gas in Kingman, AZ around 8:30 pm and we started out on the last 100 miles when I noticed smoke coming from the trailer. The wheel bearing was shot and I was able to limp it to a DOT Truck Weigh Station where they let me lock it up for the night. We finally made it home around 11:00 pm and today we spent the day retrieving the trailer. 100 miles down and 100 back then 60 miles round trip to return the trailer. We had done the bearings in the spring but I've put close to 20,000 miles on since then.

some states in the upper east coast you missed :roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
09-13-2014, 10:46 PM
I think you guys are the Spyder mileage champs! I'm glad you're home safe and sound. :thumbup:

It figures that you weren't home when we went through Liberal. Next time....

Oops, why did I think you lived in Liberal?

SpyderAnn01
09-13-2014, 10:49 PM
some states in the upper east coast you missed :roflblack::roflblack:

No one ever bothered me about them. :roflblack: Was thinking about combining my next two trips and making it a 4 Corners ride.

Big Arm
09-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Sounds like you and Joe had a great trip anyway. Congrats on your Nebr. visit. I'm just 90 miles north of Omaha and we had some nasty weather also. See ya both soon.

SpyderAnn01
09-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Sounds like you and Joe had a great trip anyway. Congrats on your Nebr. visit. I'm just 90 miles north of Omaha and we had some nasty weather also. See ya both soon.

Larry, I'll see you in Tucson - I like the weather there a lot better.

Chupaca
09-14-2014, 02:15 AM
your map is looking very political with the majority in blue and red...glad you filled in the bellybutton in your map..enjoy florida..!! :2thumbs:

Top End Unlimited
09-14-2014, 04:13 AM

When will you be in Florida ? I need mine aligned.

SpyderAnn01
09-14-2014, 11:45 AM
When will you be in Florida ? I need mine aligned.

I'm going with a girlfriend to FL so no alignment tools on this trip. Send a PM to PrecisyonTrack, I believe that they are still in the St. Pete area.