PDA

View Full Version : Are water deflectors like Socks in the dryer?

Woodsrider
09-12-2014, 05:54 PM
I've seen posts on it....but I went to install a relay for my new heated seat today (Thanks JT for the great relay kit), and saw my port side water deflector was gone.

Where do they go? Is this something that needs reinforcing? Just seems odd, didn't notice it leaving...

Bob Denman
09-12-2014, 06:04 PM
They don't fall off... :shocked:
Do you see any damge; indicating that it was torn loose by a :cus:? :gaah:

Woodsrider
09-12-2014, 06:11 PM
They don't fall off... :shocked:
Do you see any damge; indicating that it was torn loose by a :cus:? :gaah:

The torx bolt holding the top of it just at the bottom of the oil tank access cover had a broken bit of plastic attached. Evidence that there once was a water deflector, but no scratches or other marks on the undercarriage/front end to indicate what the gremlin might have been.

Curious eh? Perhaps I should lockwire this one so I at least know when it goes awol....

happyspyder2039
09-12-2014, 08:29 PM
I've seen posts on it....but I went to install a relay for my new heated seat today (Thanks JT for the great relay kit), and saw my port side water deflector was gone.

Where do they go? Is this something that needs reinforcing? Just seems odd, didn't notice it leaving...sounds like it wasn't secured when last service was done. i lost the right one. $45 later have a new one

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-12-2014, 10:36 PM
The torx bolt holding the top of it just at the bottom of the oil tank access cover had a broken bit of plastic attached. Evidence that there once was a water deflector, but no scratches or other marks on the undercarriage/front end to indicate what the gremlin might have been.

Curious eh? Perhaps I should lockwire this one so I at least know when it goes awol....
I'm guessing that the nubbins, or little stubs, on the bottom edge weren't positioned in the holes of the frame so the deflector was free to flop around in the wind. After too many flip flops it broke off at the tab at the top.

Woodsrider
09-15-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm guessing that the nubbins, or little stubs, on the bottom edge weren't positioned in the holes of the frame so the deflector was free to flop around in the wind. After too many flip flops it broke off at the tab at the top.

Could be it....dealer did oil change/service but I don't expect that'd have noticed that if it were, I'll add it to my things to check once the new one gets here.