PDA

View Full Version : my new key switch is in

cuznjohn
09-12-2014, 11:20 AM
and the bike goes in on monday to have it done. of course no loaner for me so i have to find a way home. now what they got was the new key switch, 2 keys, and a replacement rear trunk key cylinder, but no replacement cable. i thought i read where the front cable was replaced also. did the people that had the switch replaced also get the cable replaced also

Bob Denman
09-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Why won't they give you a loaner?
Try asking them for a lift home...
Of course; you COULD bring along a sleeping beg... :D

BikerDoc
09-12-2014, 11:54 AM
At Central Florida Powersports we never have to ask for a loaner.. They always have one ready for us

Chupaca
09-12-2014, 12:14 PM
mine would be why can't they do it while you wait..?? When I used to go to dealers I scheduled it so I was in and out the same day (depending on the job).
Don't know about the cable mostly heard about the switch...good luck to far to even offer you a ryde...:roflblack:

cuznjohn
09-12-2014, 12:38 PM
they don't do loaners and they said my bike is the first one to get this done so it could take some time

Bob Denman
09-12-2014, 01:14 PM
This is easy... :D
Stop along the way, and fill up a picnic basket with a BIG lunch, a bottle or two of wine, a box of donuts or two, and then another BIG supper!
Bring a tablecloth, and start to set yourself up with a nice picnic out on thw showroom. :shocked:
I guarantee that they'll get your bike done quickly! :D :2thumbs:

Princeau99
09-12-2014, 01:16 PM
This is easy... :D
Stop along the way, and fill up a picnic basket with a BIG lunch, a bottle or two of wine, a box of donuts or two, and then another BIG supper!
Bring a tablecloth, and start to set yourself up with a nice picnic out on thw showroom. :shocked:
I guarantee that they'll get your bike done quickly! :D :2thumbs:

then ask them where the showers are

MEP
09-12-2014, 02:05 PM
and the bike goes in on monday to have it done. of course no loaner for me so i have to find a way home. now what they got was the new key switch, 2 keys, and a replacement rear trunk key cylinder, but no replacement cable. i thought i read where the front cable was replaced also. did the people that had the switch replaced also get the cable replaced also

I had the same parts replaced that you are having replaced...no cable replacement. If i recall correctly it took them a little over 3 hours to turn it around.

Bob Denman
09-12-2014, 02:19 PM
then ask them where the showers are
:clap: :2thumbs:
Have them tell you where the circuit-breaker panel is... You can't sleep in a room that's TOO dark! :shocked:

Chupaca
09-12-2014, 02:23 PM
three hours mostly getting to and reassembly some programming. Part swap is plug and go simple. Hope it goes smoothly and they learn how to...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-12-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: the trunk release cable. I am the person who had that replaced. The mechanic broke mine when they were playing around with it, so the cable was replaced also.

It took them an extra two weeks to get the cable by "second day air." I do not believe the cable is a part of the lock replacement fix. Everything was covered under warranty for me though--so I did not complain to loud.

RE: Time: It should be a couple hour job at the most. They had to take the whole front end off to deal with the cable on my rig.