PDA

View Full Version : How do you ladies carry all of your stuff?

jalpert
09-10-2014, 04:01 PM
How do you carry all of your items that would normally be in a purse? Do you just stuff the essentials in your pockets or is there a good alternative. In the past, I've used a fanny pack but my daughter has informed me that isn't a cool thing to do anymore.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

BikerDoc
09-10-2014, 04:48 PM
I am amazed that when we ride - somehow my wife can make due with miniature purse about 1/10th of the size as normal purse. that one goes in the rear trunk in the extra space available there.. no doubt what she considers absolutely necessary is a lot less than rides in her daily "suitcase"

ARtraveler
09-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Akspyderlady has a purse about the size of the frunk. Glad we have that for storage. :roflblack::roflblack:

CMA Shorty
09-10-2014, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=jalpert;871959]How do you carry all of your items that would normally be in a purse? Do you just stuff the essentials in your pockets or is there a good alternative. In the past, I've used a fanny pack but my daughter has informed me that isn't a cool thing to do anymore.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.[/QUOTE
I have a small leather pouch that resembles a fanny pack but clips onto my belt loops. Vendors at bike events sometimes have them and some bike shops do too. I have trimmed down my contents to the point that this has become my everyday purse as well.:ani29:

M109Dreamer
09-10-2014, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=jalpert;871959]How do you carry all of your items that would normally be in a purse? Do you just stuff the essentials in your pockets or is there a good alternative. In the past, I've used a fanny pack but my daughter has informed me that isn't a cool thing to do anymore.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.[/QUOTE
I have a small leather pouch that resembles a fanny pack but clips onto my belt loops. Vendors at bike events sometimes have them and some bike shops do too. I have trimmed down my contents to the point that this has become my everyday purse as well.:ani29:
My wife uses the same type. Not a fanny pack but small purse/wallet type that has 2 latches the she hooks through her belt loops. Ill see if I can find a link of one similar. I believe she found it at one of the motorcycle apparel shops we stoped by one day.

Found it. The one in the link below is almost identical to the one my wife uses. Lets her keep all of the essentials that she like to carry and it give her a way to keep stuff out of her pockets.

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321165727572&alt=web

Bling Bling
09-10-2014, 07:17 PM
This is what my wife uses when we ride:

http://sherpani.com/sherpani-lindsay.aspx

She gets them on closeouts at REI for as low as $9.00. The only problem she had was sometimes the credit card slots aren't the correct size. Maybe that's why they were on closeout.

zamfield
09-10-2014, 07:28 PM
The wife recently went to the gas station to fill up... You can't be over prepared...

murphybrown
09-10-2014, 07:40 PM
How do you carry all of your items that would normally be in a purse? Do you just stuff the essentials in your pockets or is there a good alternative. In the past, I've used a fanny pack but my daughter has informed me that isn't a cool thing to do anymore.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

From Brenda Thompson...it is soooooo convenient and eliminates the need for a larger purse...check it out..:clap:

SpyFun1
09-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I too use a small bag with double clips on my belt loops. I got one that is made of deer skin and very soft. A couple of other ladies we ride with have the same type that they ordered online.

AppleSpyder
09-10-2014, 09:57 PM
I use a leather fanny pack. I carry it like a purse over my shoulder when I am off my Spyder. Otherwise I just stuff it in my frunk, and if I don't have enough room in my frunk then I always have the option to strap the fanny pack on. It works great for me. I also have a cell phone wallet case that I keep all the essentials in .......debit card, credit card, oh and drivers license too. ;)

Cindy

Lilly
09-10-2014, 10:31 PM
I use what Dreamer109 posted the link to>>>>used that kind past 7 years & even used it when i was working :)

PrairieSpyder
09-11-2014, 07:17 AM
I use pockets, and with my motorcycle jackets, there are extra pockets. I have a credit card in one, and that usually covers everything I need.

I have a "travel" purse that I keep in my trunk with everything else I usually have in my other purses. I don't carry it unless I'm going to be away from the Spyder for a while.

Y Blue
10-02-2014, 11:44 PM
This is what I use, fits my cell phone, ID, credit card, chapstick and a little bit of money. Everything else goes in my big purse in the frunk.

ttc
10-03-2014, 03:12 PM
I was thinking of getting one of the frunk liners that I saw spydersisters? advertise on ebay.. like a jewellery organizer that goes on the inside of the lid.

Y Blue
10-03-2014, 09:39 PM
I have spyder pockets on the lid of my frunk and they work great. Love them. I have quite a bit of stuff tucked into mine. Only fits smaller items.

HIspyder
10-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Well damn! I hadn't thought about that at all.

Mrs. and I will be picking up the 2014 RT LTD in Greenville in the spring to tour the county a bit. I guess I better buy a trailer. :banghead:

Y Blue
10-04-2014, 12:04 AM
That's to carry all the stuff you buy while you're on your trip ; )

mtdoragary
10-04-2014, 07:49 PM
I am amazed that when we ride - somehow my wife can make due with miniature purse about 1/10th of the size as normal purse. that one goes in the rear trunk in the extra space available there.. no doubt what she considers absolutely necessary is a lot less than rides in her daily "suitcase"
heh heh heh

SPYD3R
10-04-2014, 08:03 PM
here's n idea ladies...
actually, it's even proper for gentlemen as well...
took me less than an hour to make this thing...
gr8 for 'soft' stuff...
when frunk is closed, the frunk gasket holds the insert tite against it...
96405 96406
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

Deanna777
11-02-2014, 01:08 PM
I bring my pocket book I either put in the back/or front of my spyder, since I am the sole driver of my spyder, ( 2014RTS-SE6 Cognac) I don't have a problem. Deanna

Bfromla
11-04-2014, 12:59 AM
98261there's a will there IS a way !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ARtraveler
11-04-2014, 03:53 PM
98261there's a will there IS a way !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Close: I used to carry my 17 ft. canoe on a VW Beetle and a 22 ft. canoe on a Dodge Intrepid.

TXSHOTGUN
11-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Until my bride got her own ride, 2010 wing/motortrike, I wore overalls with lots of pockets and a safari vest with bird bag attached to back. I was her pack mule! Well she got the Wing and had all kinds of room, for a little while! Now she pulls a trailer! Geeze!!!

cuznjohn
11-04-2014, 05:40 PM
i carry my ladies in the trunk.... oh wait wrong post, NEVER MIND