PDA

View Full Version : Great Dealership in Louisville area

Roadster Renovations
09-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Just had the Michelin Hydroedge mounted at CC Powersports in Clarksville, IN. I brought the tire in loose and I can't say enough good things about Keith, the service manager. He mounted and balanced my loose rear tire from my '14 RTS for $25. Wow, is all I can say! Good customer service and they have an awesome parts department. Eric, in the parts department was very helpful in getting me and oil change kit and we talked about ordering extra fasteners for my mirrors (since people occasionally bump into the mirror and break the "washers", especially the upper one. Upon re-assembly I had a lot of trouble getting the belt alignment correct until I started making corrections with the tire fully on the ground. If any 14 owner needs to know how everything comes apart on this awesome machine, holler at me. I also found out that on the caliper side it was easiest to tap the wrench with a plastic mallet to fully seat the adjuster on that side, especially if you were backing it off. As I tightened it up a couple of smacks kept it in the correct position. My final step was to torque it at 150 foot lbs. Pretty simple actually. Make sure you ride the bike to make sure the alignment is correct.
One thing that I found was that down in the sprocket teeth was some pulverized rock (not good) and one thing they do in Indiana is pour a tar sealant on the road and then put small rock on it. As the cars drive on it it turns into a new layer of pavement. There were a couple of roads that I had no choice but to go on and since the center is where the rear tire rides, I picked up a couple of them. I checked the belt and could find no damage. So, through the use of my pocket knife and some brake clean I got all the crud out of the two spots on the sprocket. I'm sure over time it would have damaged the belt. I will now periodically lift the bike and rotate the tire to look at the sprocket in detail.