PDA

View Full Version : Tag for 622 trailer

CMA Cowboy
09-09-2014, 08:28 PM
This question may have been asked before but I could not find a thread. We bought a 622 trailer and got the tag for it today. Is there a trick to taking the screws out? All they do is spin in place. I can hook up and take it to Pitbull but that seems extreme. Any help out there?

Cruzr Joe
09-09-2014, 09:54 PM
This question may have been asked before but I could not find a thread. We bought a 622 trailer and got the tag for it today. Is there a trick to taking the screws out? All they do is spin in place. I can hook up and take it to Pitbull but that seems extreme. Any help out there?

they should come out easily, try using a pair of vise grips and keep pressure on them as you back them out.

Cruzr Joe

bullant12
09-10-2014, 07:34 AM
You might have nuts holding the screws in place. Get your hand behind the body area where the plate is and feel (you can look if you can get under it or raise the trailer). Use a pair of pliers to hold the nut and unscrew.

atitude2
09-10-2014, 08:57 AM
One of our trailers was like that. About drove me crazy trying to get screws out. Just finally took it to dealer and they had to order new screws and inserts.

PW2013STL
09-10-2014, 09:11 AM
The RT-622 uses rubber well nuts and those tend to spin with the screw and since you cannot get to the back of them you can try holding the rubber flange by insearting a flat blade screwdriver between the screwhead and the flange keeping pressure on both as you unscrew it

Copperman
09-13-2014, 11:13 AM

Typical of BRP, you have to remove a lot of parts to get to where you need to be. I had to remove the inside plastic (two pieces) to get to the nuts for the license plate. It was prety easy and took about 30 minutes to install my license plate. I hope it'll be easier next time. I found out the trick is to put very light pressure on the screw when loosening it.

CMA Cowboy
09-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the answers. Did figure out how to get the screws out....of course putting the tag on I got one started and wound up pushing the other one through the hole. Tag not on yet!!