PDA

View Full Version : Breaks

Jdsd1
09-08-2014, 06:21 PM
I have about 1900 mi. on my RTS. My brakes squeak a lot but not consistent. Is this just part of the break in or a bigger problem?

ulflyer
09-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Dam things seem to have a life of their own. Run it up to 50mph and get on them hard, down to 20mph or so. Do this several times to burn off any glaze you might have. You might even smell them if you do it well enough. Or, leave it alone and it might go away! :(

Chupaca
09-08-2014, 07:27 PM
accumulated brake dust. Have heard that simple green sprayed on the disk then ryde down the drive putting on the brakes a few times cleans it up. But squealing seems to be common here. I use the engine to slow down and the brakes hard at the end. Using the brakes softly causes more brake dust...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-09-2014, 07:17 AM
The brakes live their life in about the dirtiest environment possible. nojoke The accumulated crud makes thinkgs stick, makes things REALLY messy, and makes us crazy! :gaah:
Get the shop manual, and learn to take them apart for a cleaning... :thumbup:

Jdsd1
09-09-2014, 07:09 PM
The brakes live their life in about the dirtiest environment possible. nojoke The accumulated crud makes thinkgs stick, makes things REALLY messy, and makes us crazy! :gaah:
Get the shop manual, and learn to take them apart for a cleaning... :thumbup:

Oh I wish, thanks for thinking I could do that. I'd end up with tire and the Spyder laying on ground until AAA came and towed it to the dealer.
But thanks to all for the advise, I will give it some hard breaking.

Roadster Renovations
09-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Mine squeak off and on. Typical.