PDA

View Full Version : 12 year old Boy, puts Cop, in His place

ChasCS
09-08-2014, 01:30 PM
I get a huge kick out of the brazen youth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNjaEVFiku0

Bravo!!

Chas

Bob Denman
09-08-2014, 02:01 PM
:shocked: I'm disturbed by his lack of respect...

cuznjohn
09-08-2014, 02:19 PM
SORRY BUT I THINK THE KID WAS A LIL WISE ASS. if it was a car i would say ok he was blocking the sidewalk but with a bike, i don't think it was just to break the cops :cus:, i am guilty of driving and parking on sidewalks so i feel just cut the cop a brake

ARtraveler
09-08-2014, 03:20 PM
The kid will go far as a reporter for CNN. The whole thing is a set up. The video starts with the premise that government is evil, they are going to get us, they treat us like peons, etc. Lets challenge and provoke authority. Just listen to the drivel that the "newscasters" are spouting prior to the showing of the video.

This particular video has been around a long time. I don't think this video helps the cause any.

wyliec
09-08-2014, 03:41 PM
This particular video has been around a long time. I don't think this video helps the cause any.

I agree; plus, the kid is a twit.

mowin
09-08-2014, 03:44 PM
What a little brat. But did anyone else catch the idiot reporter saying "the fake war on terror, and the fake war on drugs". Unreal....:banghead:

ARtraveler
09-08-2014, 04:05 PM
What a little brat. But did anyone else catch the idiot reporter saying "the fake war on terror, and the fake war on drugs". Unreal....:banghead:

From my post above:

"The video starts with the premise that government is evil, they are going to get us, they treat us like peons, etc. Lets challenge and provoke authority. Just listen to the drivel that the "newscasters" are spouting prior to the showing of the video. "

bruiser
09-08-2014, 04:18 PM
This is what parents are raising today. Yeah, give the cop a break. Got to admire the cop for not smacking the little brat.

MRH
09-08-2014, 04:22 PM
The kid was respectful, he just saw that the cop was misusing his authority and challenged him. I largely ignored the info around it and just forwarded to the video, which is all that really counts.

I'm a lot more bothered by the refusal of the officer to give his badge number than by the fact that he parked his bike on the sidewalk. Had the kid been older, I get the feeling he would have been in for a much harder time for daring to question the authority of the officer, and that isn't the world I want to live in.

The badge only engenders respect when it is backed up by integrity.

mowin
09-08-2014, 05:44 PM
From my post above:

"The video starts with the premise that government is evil, they are going to get us, they treat us like peons, etc. Lets challenge and provoke authority. Just listen to the drivel that the "newscasters" are spouting prior to the showing of the video. "

So you caught that...:roflblack::roflblack:.

jaherbst
09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Question Authority! Cops are known to abuse their authority the world over. I am for the kid as brazen as he may be. He is right and the cop knew he was wrong. If he would have given his badge number the kid could have turned him in and he would have been reprimanded. If cops would not get all puffed up over their authority and realize they are not above the law maybe then we could have a little respect for them.

Park your Spyder on the sidewalk to get an ice cream cone and see what happens??

Jack

Dan_Ashley
09-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Question Authority! Cops are known to abuse their authority the world over. I am for the kid as brazen as he may be. He is right and the cop knew he was wrong. If he would have given his badge number the kid could have turned him in and he would have been reprimanded. If cops would not get all puffed up over their authority and realize they are not above the law maybe then we could have a little respect for them.

Park your Spyder on the sidewalk to get an ice cream cone and see what happens??

Jacki do that to get a frozen yogurt. Are you saying it is wrong? There are no vehicle code sections about spiders on sidewalks.

ARtraveler
09-08-2014, 09:10 PM
i do that to get a frozen yogurt. Are you saying it is wrong? There are no vehicle code sections about spiders on sidewalks.

I like your way of thinking. Now--do I want to get some frozen yogurt? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

garb55
09-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I like your way of thinking. Now--do I want to get some frozen yogurt? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

I have friends and in-laws that are cops
They speed even in their personal vehicles [there vehicles are registered with their department and very rarely get stopped]
If they do get stopped they have their badge next to their divers license so they don't get a ticket
they even drive when they've been drinking
this is a big problem and those of you that think we should give the cop a break need to try some of these things and see what happens
they are endangering everyone around them
it starts little and then gets bigger
"do as I do and not as I say" are words that should be respected
not the badge

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-09-2014, 07:15 AM
SORRY BUT I THINK THE KID WAS A LIL WISE ASS. if it was a car i would say ok he was blocking the sidewalk but with a bike, i don't think it was just to break the cops :cus:, i am guilty of driving and parking on sidewalks so i feel just cut the cop a brake

the difference is the cop knows the law, is paid to enforce it & he could have been nicer to the kid. what i am concerned about is
if the kid can legally request the cops id why didn't he give it to him, when i am asked for my drivers license i don't hesitate.
All the kid did was ask, the cop must have been afraid to comply because he knew he was guilty even though it was a nothing.

Bob Denman
09-09-2014, 07:30 AM
This was nothing but an editorialization; looking for a place to land! :gaah:

Dan_Ashley
09-10-2014, 12:07 AM
the difference is the cop knows the law, is paid to enforce it & he could have been nicer to the kid. what i am concerned about is
if the kid can legally request the cops id why didn't he give it to him, when i am asked for my drivers license i don't hesitate.
All the kid did was ask, the cop must have been afraid to comply because he knew he was guilty even though it was a nothing.
People used to ask me quite frequently, I willingly showed them my ID card. No problem.