PDA

View Full Version : Preparing For Alaska 2015

Fred-WA
09-08-2014, 11:43 AM
I signed up for the Murphybrown trip, excursion, journey, pilgrimage or whatever you want to call it for the Alaska adventure of a lifetime. Driving to Alaska has always been on my bucket list but who would have thought of doing this on a Spyder! I guess a few of you have after looking at the Alaska threads.
Considering the distance between gas fill ups (yes, I know we will have a chase vehicle with gas) I plan on selling my 2012 Spyder LTD, which I just finished adding all my farkles, including the cat bypass, but that’s life in the big league of Spyders. If Murphybrown resolves her trailer tire issues with BRP I will asked Pitbull to configure a farkled 2014 with trailer.
Snow White (every vehicle we own has a name) is offered in the 4 Sale by Owner Forum. For those who are interested she comes with an extended warranty good until November 8th, 2016 and an updated Garmin maps. The bike is free and clear and in showroom condition.

ARtraveler
09-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Wishing you success on the sale of your 2012. Hoping to meet up with you and the "party" once you arrive.

Gas really is not a big deal--unless you decide to travel above the Arctic Circle.

PMK
09-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Is this open to those interested or a closed group only.

The wife mentioned how we often take true trips for her destinations. She vowed 2015 is my year. She asked, I said Alaska on the Spyder. Serious backpedaling now. But thought maybe Autotrain to the PNW from South Florida. Then head North.

Just curious and loading bullets for the discussion.

PK

lwrydr
09-08-2014, 08:09 PM
I am thinking of driving the chase rig if needed cause I do not want to ride my :spyder2: up the Alcan Hwy. But I need to find a trailer that will haul Spyders in case we have problems...

murphybrown
09-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Is this open to those interested or a closed group only.

The wife mentioned how we often take true trips for her destinations. She vowed 2015 is my year. She asked, I said Alaska on the Spyder. Serious backpedaling now. But thought maybe Autotrain to the PNW from South Florida. Then head North.

Just curious and loading bullets for the discussion.

PK
are you on the email group? If not please pm me with your email and first/last name....thks