PDA

View Full Version : BRP has stepped up to the plate on my 622 trailer issue:

murphybrown
09-08-2014, 11:06 AM
I started a separate thread as I did not want anyone to miss this. I was sooooo frustrated with BRP and how they were handling my problem. Amazingly, just now, I get this email from Jasmin. Do I feel that all the input and thoughts from you awesome SL's has been a key factor in what I am feeling is success and soooo nice to say THANK YOU to you and THANK YOU to BRP/Jasmin and Randy at Experience Powersports in Moses Lake (new Can Am Dealer with a great customer service attitude...they will do well). :yes:

Here is the email I received from Jasmin/BRP customer service.
"I'm pleased to report that we are actively working with Randy. On Friday, he send us additional information that we needed to finalize the diagnostic and better visualize the problem.

He's been a great support and with his eyes we are now able to understand the root cause of why the trailer was wearing tires prematurely.

I'm happy to inform you we do have a solution that will stop you to change tires every trip out the door.

This morning, BRP instructed Randy to change the trailing arm (right side) and pole of the trailer. The complete analysis was important before we could recommended a repair that would jeopardize the durability of the tires."

Just received second email from BRP...they have agreed to reimburse me for my out of pocket expenses that were caused because of the tire issues. Can't ask for anymore than that for GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Thank you BRP/Jasmin

Pennyrick
09-08-2014, 11:10 AM
I feel better and hope this is the solution.

I know you are TIRED of the enTIRE ordeal.

Bob Denman
09-08-2014, 11:18 AM
:yes::ohyea::yes: :dg2::dg1: :2thumbs:

warp10
09-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Glad to hear that BRP finally thinks that they have a solution to your tire problem. :banghead: I feel that they should have swapped trailers or loaned you another trailer while they figured out what went wrong with yours. To ask you to keep buying new tires with your money (even if they refunded the money to you later) plus the aggravation of not being able to safely take a trip when ever you want, was not an acceptable solution. Their trailers are much more money than other brands and if I can not count on much better service, if needed, then why would I spend more money. I feel that they should have gotten you a loaner when the first set of tires went bad. You just don't wear out tires that fast without a problem.

Dragonrider
09-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Hopefully THIS is the solution!!! :pray: Congrats!! :clap::clap:

ivanlee
09-08-2014, 11:33 AM
They did not step up to the plate, they were force to do something and should replace this trailer with a new one, :lecturef_smilie:

Iamjoey
09-08-2014, 11:41 AM
:agree: You will always worry about the tires on the trailer.

Bob Denman
09-08-2014, 11:47 AM
If replacing the right side suspension parts fixes the problem; why would anyone expect a full replacement? :dontknow:
Now; if it DOESN'T fix it; that's when it's time to demand a new trailer... :thumbup:
Give the fix, a chance to succeed or fail on it's own...

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-08-2014, 12:03 PM
:yes::ohyea::yes: :dg2::dg1: :2thumbs:
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::a gree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:.......and so does Max & Kiki ......Max was packing His Bags for the .......................BONFIRE ...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.......... ..Mikeguyver :thumbup:

Yazz
09-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Woo Hoo!!!:yes:

Hopes for smooth trailering from now on... :ohyea:

Highwayman2013
09-08-2014, 01:09 PM
:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Wiredux
09-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Just goes to show that if you just stay the course a resolution will come. Glad to see that all is going to be well.

oldgoat
09-08-2014, 03:23 PM
About bl***y time. Hope it all works out for you once the parts are changed out.

Although BRP has finally stepped up to the plate, they should have done so a long time ago. How can wearing out that many trailer tires in so few miles possibly be 'normal'.

BajaRon
09-08-2014, 03:27 PM
That is great news! I'm hoping this resolves the issue permanently. I know BRP was getting a lot of bad press here over this issue and it is a shame. I do a lot of business on eBay and it is amazing how many of my customers (who are not members here) are well informed and come here often.

Sometimes I wonder if the membership here is just the tip of the iceberg. The few who stick up above the waterline.

In any case, we all wish you many happy miles in the future.

ARtraveler
09-08-2014, 04:19 PM
I am glad to hear that resolution of your problem is on the way. Agree with others that it's time to give the fix a try and see what happens.

Also agree that if this fix does not work that it is "new trailer from BRP" time.

Your patience in this matter is amazing. Can't wait to meet you in person next summer. :yes:

ChasCS
09-08-2014, 04:29 PM
It shouldn't have taken them so very long to get it together!!

Good luck once the fixes are in place. I know we will hear...

Happier trails, and please keep smiling, it looks good on you!

Chas

oldguyinTX
09-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Doesn't matter what prompted them to make it right, the point is that they finally did. Good for you MB for sticking to your guns & not letting them get the best of you. I think we can all learn a lesson from this. Don't give up, hammer away and don't take no for an answer. Let us know how your next "trailering" trip goes. Good luck, and keep on ridin'!

warp10
09-08-2014, 05:00 PM
I agree, it should not have taken 5 months (since april) and I think she is up to 5 sets of tires. a set of tires per month. :yikes:

samewok
09-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Hope this is the fix!

Bob Denman
09-08-2014, 05:25 PM
We all love to ryde our 2014 Spyder RT's (awesome 1330cc torque motor), maybe not so much their defective trailers. Enjoy your rydes.
Has anybody else heard of, or owned; a defective 622? :dontknow:

"Soapbox-time", from a person on the sidelines... Much like the rest of the indignant; that are ready to "Storm the Bastille", on Karyl's behalf...
They were confused by how this could happen, simply because it shouldn't have!
She got a bent piece on her 622; that's all.
There was no inherently unsafe design, no bean-counter poking the assembly workers to build it faster and with less waste, and certainly no intnet by BRP to cost themselves a whole bunch of bad press, and extra tires...
Nobody's happier than I am that they're working to make it right (finally!), but jeepers; why not just organize a lynch mob, and ride up there! :gaah:

Asbestos britches are on; fire away! :D

JerryB
09-08-2014, 05:38 PM
HJi Ron,

Re: I know BRP was getting a lot of bad press here over this issue and it is a shame.

I only know what I have read here on this website.

We all have our opinions; and I have mine.

IMO it is not a 'shame' as BRP brought this on themselves. They seemed to have done everything that they could do to get Murph to 'just go away.'

They probably could have given her a new trailer for the cost in man/woman-hours that they spent running her around.

Jerry Baumchen

jaherbst
09-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Being the skeptic, let's see if the trailing arm and the post is the answer. This may not solve the problem and I think some of you are celebrating much too early.

Personally a totally new trailer should have been offered rather than use Murphy Brown as a continuing gueny pig to see if this and that would work. Shame on you BRP. You are a bad reflection on Canada!

Just my thoughts, Jack

PrairieSpyder
09-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Well, it's about time!!! :clap::yes::dg1::clap:

I'm praying this will, indeed, resolve the issue.

scrutineer
09-08-2014, 06:15 PM
THANK YOU to BRP/Jasmin and Randy at Experience Powersports in Moses Lake (new Can Am Dealer with a great customer service attitude...they will do well).

happy to hear about this !

Experience in Moses Lake is my dealer for service too

jthornton
09-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Sometimes you just have to keep squeaking and the more that squeak the better!

I'm so glad you making some progress on this, now you can put your apple crates back in the trailer.

JT

ivanlee
09-08-2014, 06:32 PM

"Soapbox-time", from a person on the sidelines... Much like the rest of the indignant; that are ready to "Storm the Bastille", on Karyl's behalf...
There was no inherently unsafe design, no bean-counter poking the assembly workers to build it faster and with less waste, and certainly no intnet by BRP to cost themselves a whole bunch of bad press, and extra tires...
Nobody's happier than I am that they're working to make it right (finally!), but jeepers; why not just organize a lynch mob, and ride up there! :gaah:

BRP 's poor response has been going on since 2008 , :gaah:

spydee owner
09-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Well said. We live in a world where if things don't happen immediately, then people get all bent out of shape. Yeah it took 5 months, could have taken less time, but did not. BRP did not handle this like a big auto maker I know of.

Chupaca
09-08-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm glad you are happy with the outcome. Sorry but I am dubious and disillusioned with the handling altogether. Still feel they should have replaced your trailer and sent yours back to be studied by their techs to avoid this happening to anyone else. Jmo...:thumbup:

Fred-WA
09-09-2014, 12:07 AM
I think BRP lost a few sales because of this problem. Will delay any trailer purchase until I know what caused the beast to eat tires?

PW2013STL
09-09-2014, 05:15 AM
Sounds like good news, and I sure hope this is the fix:2thumbs:.
Would not want you to have to go through this on your ride to Alaska.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

PMK
09-09-2014, 05:36 AM
Glad to see progress.

Before accepting the trailer, any chance the guys installing the new suspension arm can verify the trailer is true to BRP dimensions. IN simple terms, a straight edge run forward from each tire, and a dimension to verify the hitch is centered would be comforting before they try and close this case.

Granted the are replacing the suspension arm, hopefully this will resolve the issue. Sadly, that arm is fastened to the trailers frame, and if that interface is wrong, all the new arms they send could be off.

I would also take the straight edge and verify the tires are note toe in or toe out (within a small tolerance hopefully toe in). Make sure it is correct or insist they keep the case open to verify tire wear with your new tire wear tool.

The silly part is, it is a trailer and they are not difficult to build to get great performance from them. Also, the trailer is simple to inspect for alignment, seems the difficult part is what to do when it is not aligned correctly.

Manufacturing defects do happen, poor customer service is all to common.

FWIW, if the shop does not have a pair of long straight edges, hook the trailer to the ball, use string and let it lay against the tires aft sidewall @ 3 & 9 O clock. Keeping the string taught ( I would feed the string over the tread, and into the wheels back side, tying to a spoke to prevent slip). With tension on the string (preferably tied to a concrete block at the front) walk the string in and out until it lightly contacts the tires front sidewall. Measure from string to trailer ball center. These should be equal.

Verifying toe with string can be done, but can be difficult ensuring the strings are straight. This also will require 4 concrete blocks. If the shop has alignment equipment it may be adaptable.

I would like to see this resolved 100% for you. Be sure to get the dimensions of what they found, and if they do it, how it is delivered upon this repair.

All the best with it

PK

MarkLawson
09-09-2014, 03:01 PM
That is GOOD NEWS! :clap:

FaranH
09-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Well, in spite of the major hassle and all the arguments about how and why it could have been solved sooner, better, and faster...

:dg2:I'm celebrating with you!:dg2:

jaherbst
09-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Murph, please let us know if this is the final fix and not just another idea.

Jack

Tango
09-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Awesome!:thumbup:

PMK
09-15-2014, 05:48 AM
It's been a week since you mentioned they would replace the rt suspension arm. Still waiting, or has the trailer logged some miles to verify it is sorted out?

Just curious.

PK

Bob Denman
09-15-2014, 06:52 AM
:agree: :dontknow: :bbq::bbq::bbq:

jcthorne
09-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Same here, waiting to hear if they actually fixed it THIS time or if more run around is in store....