PDA

View Full Version : Spyderpops grill covers

SpyderDon
09-08-2014, 10:14 AM
I don't remember seeing anything about them, I know someone has bought them and was wondering if you like them. I felt that I was always cleaning leaves out of the grill this weekend and these thing sure look like the ticket. Are they chrome or brushed metal, I have an RT-S and I'm trying to keep away from shinny stuff.

Cruzr Joe
09-08-2014, 10:18 AM
I don't remember seeing anything about them, I know someone has bought them and was wondering if you like them. I felt that I was always cleaning leaves out of the grill this weekend and these thing sure look like the ticket. Are they chrome or brushed metal, I have an RT-S and I'm trying to keep away from shinny stuff.

I have them, they are Stainless Steel, they work great and keep out the trash (that is why they are called KOTT Grilles, (KOTT = Keep Out The Trash)) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Call Spyderpops and order them. 1 501 627-4008

Cruzr Joe

SpyderDon
09-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Cruzr Joe, thanks for your input, they are on order, belt guard is also ordered, should have done that as soon as I got her home, did on the '10.

Jim&Teresa
09-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Like the KOTT (keep out the trash) Grills. Bought them from Spyderpops and they fit GREAT. Easy install. Much more forward than the BRP OEM grills....they do catch the bugs which you need to clean off. The other stuff blows away....

garb55
09-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I have the grill and like them
I painted them black with plasti-dip
I also replaced the bottom 2 blocks on each one with magnetic cabinet door latches so now I just pull them out and tap them on the ground and all the bugs fall off
it takes less than a minute
Don

murphybrown
09-08-2014, 02:02 PM

Yep I have them on my '14 RTS...they work GREAT...are made from Stainless Steel...highly recommend. :thumbup:

Jim&Teresa
09-08-2014, 02:07 PM
I have the grill and like them
I painted them black with plasti-dip
I also replaced the bottom 2 blocks on each one with magnetic cabinet door latches so now I just pull them out and tap them on the ground and all the bugs fall off
it takes less than a minute
Don

That is a great idea! :thumbup: Thanks.

ARtraveler
09-08-2014, 04:23 PM
I like the idea of the stainless steel grills. Going to get me a set for the 2014.

When they had my :spyder2: apart from the trunk release fix, I could not believe the crap that was on the front of each radiator. Both were covered with bugs. There was enough heat there that the LED A-frame lights were starting to melt. They have since been removed.

SpyderDon
09-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Hell, I don't know why I doubted that anything sold by Harvey wouldn't be worth the money. As I've already said, they're already ordered. I really like the idea of the plasti-dip, trying to keep with the black on black theme of the RT-S. Also like the idea of the magnets, got any pictures grab55.

ARtraveler
09-09-2014, 02:10 PM
UPDATE: ordered the grills last night. Message today says they have been shipped.

Annnnnnnntiiiiiiccccccccccccccciiiiiippppppppppppp aaaaaaaaaaation!
:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-09-2014, 05:51 PM
UPDATE: ordered the grills last night. Message today says they have been shipped.

Annnnnnnntiiiiiiccccccccccccccciiiiiippppppppppppp aaaaaaaaaaation!
:roflblack::roflblack:

I got THIS one covered... :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDJ_Mz8ftqI

garb55
09-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Hell, I don't know why I doubted that anything sold by Harvey wouldn't be worth the money. As I've already said, they're already ordered. I really like the idea of the plasti-dip, trying to keep with the black on black theme of the RT-S. Also like the idea of the magnets, got any pictures grab55.

Check this thread I posted pictures on it

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?68502-modified-KITT-grill

I painted the magnetic door latches and the flat plate for the latches black

SpyderDon
09-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I like the magnet idea and will try to copy it. Mine arrived in the main post office this morning, I don't know if they will make it into the delivery today but tomorrow for sure...

SpyderDon
09-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Received and installed...Looks good as is as far as I'm concerned. I also ordered the "Missing Belt Guard", bit of a PITA to install, the two nuts holding the belt guard on are difficult to reach, not SprderPops fault. It to is on, hopefully correctly. I didn't have time to check it out today but will tomorrow. Yes Bob, I'll try to take pictures...

SpyderDon
09-11-2014, 02:55 PM

Bob, I said I would post a picture and I'm real proud of myself, I figured it out...:yes::yes::yes:

I really like how they look.