PDA

View Full Version : My curious pecadilloes

granpa in Cincy
09-08-2014, 07:39 AM
I'm more comfortable turning left than turning right in the long sweepers.

I'm more comfortable turning when going uphill than going down hill.

Going up or down, left is more comfortable for me.

Anyone else have such? Is there an explanation for such - or is it just my pecularity?

JCGammack
09-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Your confidence in turning left comes form your years of driving on the left side of a car. You have always been able to look out the left window and being on the inside of the turn your view is better. On right hand turns you are looking over the passenger side and can't see as well.
Now that you are on a motorcycle and are centered on the bike the view of right turns is different. You will get used to it and if your turns are not as smooth as you would like look further down the road. The bike will go where you look.

machead
09-08-2014, 07:52 AM
On every bike I have ever owned, turning left has always been easier for me than turning right. Any turn. That includes my Spyder.

How about getting on the Spyder? Since it sits level, there really is no difference as to getting on the bike from the left or the right. I still walk around to get on from the left.

Dgjason
09-08-2014, 07:56 AM
I drove stock cars for many years so I always want to turn left. :lecturef_smilie:
I have been able to counteract this by having my politics RIGHT....:thumbup:
Hint...Hint. LOL

Oldmanzues
09-08-2014, 08:36 AM
Interesting question. Right left turns do not make a diference, but going downhill does. Can go faster uphill. Two or three wheels. Just me
Oldmanzues

OldDog
09-08-2014, 09:15 AM
It seems they talKed about that in the MFS course. It seems to me left turns are easier. It has to do with the placement of the clutch lever and the throttle. To this day I am impressed by those that ride a suicide shifter.

Chupaca
09-08-2014, 10:01 AM
though I don't have a preference, probably from ryding mostly mountain roads with so many turns, but for me it is the approach. Love coming from the outside of the turn dropping into the inside giving me a faster leveling out so as to power out of the turn. But watching other, when in a group, they seem more comfortable hugging the mountain side of all turns...uphill down hill if you ryde a manual is pretty much the same. The uphill ones are more fun cause you can feel the power coming out of the turns....ryde more twisties and you will get comfortable with them all..jmo :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
09-08-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm more comfortable turning left than turning right in the long sweepers.

I'm more comfortable turning when going uphill than going down hill.

Going up or down, left is more comfortable for me.

Anyone else have such? Is there an explanation for such - or is it just my pecularity?

I am more comfortable with extra money in my pocket

I am (politically) more comfortable to the right than to the left

I always like to be going up

I like to hijack other threads :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
09-08-2014, 04:36 PM
I am more comfortable with extra money in my pocket

I am (politically) more comfortable to the right than to the left

I always like to be going up

I like to hijack other threads :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

:agree: with four out of four. :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-08-2014, 05:35 PM
I agree with Joe also; but I'm not sure why... :thumbup: :roflblack:

coz
09-08-2014, 07:40 PM
are easier because we drive on the right side of the road. there's alot more room to make a left.
right hand turn is much tighter. less room to make the turn.

JCSMOKE
09-08-2014, 07:45 PM
I say a little prayer before I hit the start button. The prayer is much more intense when there is a crown around me. Is it wrong to swear in a preyer?
I thank the bike after a ride of any distance.
If I wave to a rider and they don't wave back my middle finger gets a spasm.

wyliec
09-08-2014, 07:52 PM
are easier because we drive on the right side of the road. there's alot more room to make a left.
right hand turn is much tighter. less room to make the turn.

That makes too much sense. Let's try to overthink this a little more.

Dan_Ashley
09-08-2014, 07:55 PM
I like turning left in honor of congress.