PDA

View Full Version : What Did I Learn Today?

DJFaninTN
09-06-2014, 02:39 PM
There was a small chance of showers about mid day today according to the weatherman. Most of them should be well south of here. So the wife and I run to town to visit my mom and run some errands. That is about a 40 mile trip for us one way.

On the way home clouds were gathering and you could feel like the rain was on its way. I had the wife checking the radar on the phone while I was driving. About half way home you can just see it coming. Nothing to do but ride it out until we hit a gas station with an overhang. By the time we get there is has started coming harder and harder. So we just hung out for a while.

But it just looked like it was setting in and hey, you got to learn sometime to ride in the rain so we strapped on some Frog Toggs, put on the rain cover for the Ultimate Seat and went for it.

So here is what I learned:

Frog Toggs did their job even in a down pour. Wish they were a bit longer in the legs but they did what they were supposed to do.

The RT handled extremely well in the down pour. Everyone who passed us saw nothing but a huge smile because we were having fun.

Half helmets suck in a driving rain storm! Glad I had some clear glasses in the trunk because my face was taking a pounding. It did not matter if the stock windshield was up or down. Considering an F4 Windshield that is taller and wider than stock.

Baker Air Wings kept most of the rain off our bodies. They are not only to keep you cool and direct air on you, they can keep the rain off of you as well. They are the most under rated farkel you can add to your bike IMHO.

Ultimate Seat Rain Covers work as advertised. A lighting strike that hit a telephone pole transformer will make you pucker up and suck that rain cover off the seat:yikes:

vided
09-06-2014, 02:45 PM
one of the very worst rides I had was at night in the rain.

one of the best rides I had was at night in the rain.

they both were on 2 wheels

Chupaca
09-06-2014, 08:32 PM
weather is pretty much what you said. Guess we all have to deal with it at some point. Glad you got the chance and made out well..be safe out there..:thumbup:

BikerDoc
09-06-2014, 08:45 PM
In 392 miles today I got rained on at five different times/locations.. no doubt rain gear is critical and the spyder handles wet pavement better than any bike I have ever ridden

ARtraveler
09-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Good rain gear always makes a difference.