PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CHECK COOLANT LEVEL

Questions
09-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone, Im having a hard time checking my coolant level. Very hard to see , I tried a flashlight backlighting the coolant tank and even that is hard to see. I even tried a bore scope for gun barrels to light inside the tank. Still very hard to tell where the level is. Anyone have a good method??

jtoro1
09-05-2014, 05:23 PM
I do it by shining a light on back of the bottle and looking at it from the front

Bensonoid
09-06-2014, 04:15 AM
I shine it up from the bottom while shaking :spyder2: back and forth by the handlebar.

Spyder ri
09-06-2014, 08:30 PM
I really don't have a problem seeing that coolant. Now the brake fluid.... That's another story.

Chupaca
09-06-2014, 08:38 PM
the light from behind with the swaying the spyder you should see the level moving if your close to full. If your too low you will see nothing...:roflblack: I have the added problem running 75% water and 25% coolant/water wetter...:thumbup:

Highwayman2013
09-06-2014, 08:45 PM
I find lighting the tank with an LED flashlight works best.

Questions
09-06-2014, 11:28 PM
I find lighting the tank with an LED flashlight works best.

I had my wife shine our 3 cell led mag light from the top vent and I finally could see it....thanks to all for your help.

dndfindley
09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone, Im having a hard time checking my coolant level. Very hard to see , I tried a flashlight backlighting the coolant tank and even that is hard to see. I even tried a bore scope for gun barrels to light inside the tank. Still very hard to tell where the level is. Anyone have a good method??

Check it by looking under the right wheel well. Shine a flashlight under it. You most probably will not be able to see the top of the coolant which is a good thing. If you see the coolant level then you might want to go to the trouble of removing the panel under the frunk. Otherwise why go to all that trouble when all you have to do is get on your knees and look up?