PDA

View Full Version : Am I the onl one who doesn't like Garmin Base Camp

ThreeWheels
09-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Seems similar to City Navigator, but just different enough to be a little confusing and it seems to have lost some functionality.
I'm having trouble managing different routes.
Am I getting it wrong ?

jcthorne
09-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Its confusing and difficult to use. Its not intuitive to use.
You are not alone.

Purple Guy
09-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Seems similar to City Navigator, but just different enough to be a little confusing and it seems to have lost some functionality.
I'm having trouble managing different routes.
Am I getting it wrong ?

I put alot of time into trying to get basecamp to work making custom routes with zero success.
Here's a link to a post from fellow SpyderLover lyonsden. It's #5 and I followed it and the routes I used on my road trip this summer couldn't have been better!:yes:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?62296-GPS-mapping-help&highlight=Google+maps+Garmin

Bob Denman
09-05-2014, 10:34 AM
:shocked: I've just about given-up on trying to talk the thing into taking me where I want; HOW I want... :banghead:

Pennyrick
09-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Maybe the most user unfriendly thing I have ever used but then I haven't tried them all.

This one is a very lost cause.

jthornton
09-05-2014, 02:19 PM
I'd love to not like it but I can't even get it to run! :banghead:

JT

mindman
09-05-2014, 05:45 PM
I've successfully planned a few routes with it, but they weren't very complex. To me it works ok, but I agree with you all - not intuitive at all.

Chupaca
09-05-2014, 05:57 PM
use a big old folding map with a view of the whole state I'm in. Really easy to plan a route...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: sorry just have a regular garmin on a ram mount and use it only in town...:thumbup: