PDA

View Full Version : Akrapovic and Cat Bypass

rgk
09-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Is a plug and play catalytic converter bypass made that will function with an Akrapovic muffler with no other modification on a 2104 RTL? Thank you for your responses.

happyspyder2039
09-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Is a plug and play catalytic converter bypass made that will function with an Akrapovic muffler with no other modification on a 2104 RTL? Thank you for your responses.
Check out Lamonster garage

topgon
09-04-2014, 09:37 PM

NEWBIE 2014 RT LIMITED WILL THIS WORK WITH A PURELY STOCK BIKE? THX TOPGON

happyspyder2039
09-04-2014, 11:25 PM
NEWBIE 2014 RT LIMITED WILL THIS WORK WITH A PURELY STOCK BIKE? THX TOPGON
Should work with stock exhaust or akrapovic. From what I have seen

PMK
09-05-2014, 04:44 AM
This recent topic has a good video and sound clip of what you are asking about. It was towards the bottom and is not very old.

PK

Bob Denman
09-05-2014, 07:22 AM
Rolf,
I tend to want to "err on the side of caution"... :shocked:
There's not doubt that the Akropovic will work great on a stock bike.
I'd add that first, and see what it does...
The by-pass pipe can always be added at a later date... :thumbup:

My Rule of Thumb: Make only ONE change at a time, document the results, and then move forward.
If things don't go as planned; you'll know where to look for the problem.

spyderyderjim
09-05-2014, 08:11 AM

Lamonster Garage has a bolt on cat-delete bypass exhaust pipe for 2014 RT 1330cc motor for sale.
You can buy Akrapovic muffler & Lamont's cat-delete bypass pipe from Len at Pitbull Powersports 417-863-1418.
I have on my 2014 Spyder RT-S a cat-delete bypass pipe & a Magnaflow 2 1/2" core flow through car muffler and works fine giving more torque and better gas milage.
A plug in with no other mod needed. Jim
I have photos/sound video in ACE 1330 forum section of my mod.
Enjoy
Jim

BikerDoc
09-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Rolf,
I tend to want to "err on the side of caution"... :shocked:
There's not doubt that the Akropovic will work great on a stock bike.
I'd add that first, and see what it does...
The by-pass pipe can always be added at a later date... :thumbup:

My Rule of Thumb: Make only ONE change at a time, document the results, and then move forward.
If things don't go as planned; you'll know where to look for the problem.

The Akrapovic exhaust is great and I love mine, but the cat bypass is what reduces the temperature under the seat by 180 degrees and improves bike performance

Denny B.
09-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Some dealers are reluctant to do mods like this. Is there a list of places that will do these mods for you?

Bob Denman
09-05-2014, 09:14 AM
No; there isn't.
For a good reason; a shop can get in all sorts of trouble for modifying an exhaust system...
Why put it, where prying eyes can see it? :dontknow:

Word of mouth only! :thumbup:

rgk
09-05-2014, 10:14 AM

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate your thoughts.

PMK
09-05-2014, 05:36 PM
The link I did not couple earlier today.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?72183-CAT-DELETE-AKRAPOVIC-COMBO

Thanks Doc for letting them video and record it.

PK