PDA

View Full Version : Tail of the Dragon

Top End Unlimited
09-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Well as I told you , I was going to Tn. for a long weekend. Got there on Thurs. and didn't stop riding until I got back to Florida Mon. What a great time it was! I love that part of the country and will be doing it again next year. Only this time I think I will trailer it. It was a boring ride from Sarasota Fl. to Atlanta,Ga. After we jumped onto the back roads from there it was a lot better.

Riding the dragon was fantastic ! My friend led me through it the first time, then told me to go ride my own ride going back. It was early in the morning so away I went. I did have one crotch rocket pull to the side because I was giving it hell ! I was at the end by the lake pull-off, 4 minutes ahead of my friend on his harley. Then we just rode everywhere from there. Oh ! One more on the dragon. :yes::yes::yes::yes: So not to bore you readers too much, it was an overall wonderful time. I did get to see (aftermath) a bad accident envolving 2 bikes. I don't know what they hit but it was hard and they did life flight them out. I hope they are ok, and a wish speedy recovery.

I didn't get a chance to talk to any Spyder riders out there. We were always moving. I did get to answer a lot of questions though. Have a great day everyone. Ride safe. :2excited:

PrairieSpyder
09-03-2014, 07:38 AM
That sounds like a good ride.

I agree the interstate through south Georgia is pretty boring.

mindman
09-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Glad you had a great time!
I definitely plan on riding it someday -hopefully soon.

BikerDoc
09-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Glad you had a great time!
I definitely plan on riding it someday -hopefully soon.
Next time at least get off at Macon and go north through Athens to avoid Atlanta

Chupaca
09-03-2014, 09:55 AM
a great trip. Glad you enjoyed it and hope to do it myself some day...:2thumbs:

maliamd
09-03-2014, 10:39 AM
I feel blessed to be able to live in the Western NC Mountains. I am spoiled rotten by great riding.:clap:

Top End Unlimited
09-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Next time at least get off at Macon and go north through Athens to avoid Atlanta

Yeah Doc, Thats what I told my friend but he insisted going to 85 in Atlanta then 985 to 441. Told him we were really in no hurry. But !

Top End Unlimited
09-03-2014, 02:47 PM
I feel blessed to be able to live in the Western NC Mountains. I am spoiled rotten by great riding.:clap:

Yes I am sure you do. What a beautiful place. I came originally from SW Pennsylvania. Reminded me of there.

ARtraveler
09-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Glad you had a great and safe ryde. :yes: