PDA

View Full Version : Lost my little princess today....

mowin
09-02-2014, 07:58 AM
Had to put one of our four legged kids down this morning. Ruby was a great dog. Her favorite past time was sitting on our laps. Know matter how bad a day we had, she and our other two dogs were always there to greet us with there tails wagging. This pic was taken last week. We knew than we were on borrowed time with her. RIP Ruby.... We love you and will miss you very much. You will be in our hearts forever...:pray:

sddinnh
09-02-2014, 08:01 AM
My condolences, I know how bad you can feel after the loss of a 4 legged friend. :(

bullant12
09-02-2014, 08:15 AM
So sorry! Always a sad time when we lose one of our beloved 4 legged babies! I still miss Gracie and love on my other 3 as much as I can.
In our :pray:

lwrydr
09-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Dogs are truely mans/womans best friend. We have a mini doxy that is over 15 years old and she seems to be going downhill. So all we can do is hurry up and wait.

Bob Denman
09-02-2014, 08:24 AM
:shocked: It's a horrible way to have to start the day, and our hearts go out to you and yours.
She would not have wanted to suffer, and you have kept that from happening.
It's the toughest act of love that you could done for her;
She's at rest...

:pray::pray:

(Typing through tears...)

Jeriatric
09-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Sorry for your loss.

PrairieSpyder
09-02-2014, 08:42 AM
I feel for you in your loss. http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/s/sad-3295.gif

spyder3
09-02-2014, 08:46 AM
So sorry...:(

flamingobabe
09-02-2014, 08:46 AM
hugs...kisses...hard to do....but best for them...did that last April....sad

Oldmanzues
09-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Sorry for your loss. You will meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.
A Dog Lover
aka Oldmanzues

bruiser
09-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Love animals. Cried the day I found Maxx dead behind the shed. He was a great dog. Had to have our Miss Kitty put down due to cancer. It's never easy. Their still with us in pictures and in our hearts. God bless you for loving her enough to let her go.

cognaccruiser
09-02-2014, 09:22 AM
I feel and understand your pain from our own experience with having gone through it several times.

Preventing them from suffering is the greatest act of kindness and love that you could possibly give them for all the love and companionship they gave us while alive.

A dog lover,

Gary

Chupaca
09-02-2014, 09:27 AM
have had dogs all my life and loved and lost them along the way. My heart goes out to you I know too well the feeling.....

acinpcola
09-02-2014, 09:46 AM
My thoughts are with you during this sad time..she is now resting peacefully

Dan McNally
09-02-2014, 09:48 AM
So sorry to hear this . . . losing a great friend is always tough, be it a two-legged or a four-legged one . . .

murphybrown
09-02-2014, 09:53 AM
as an animal lover...that decision is the hardest. :pray: and hugs.

napper39
09-02-2014, 09:54 AM
so sorry to hear i to have had that too many times lost a grate frend ,this is a sad time in are lifes ,dogs and cats are grate but it hurts so much when one must leave us,i feel your paine.:pray:

mowin
09-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks to everyone for there kind words. We knew it was the right thing to do. Sure doesn't make it any easier. Spud, our other Cavalier that we brang home the same time as Ruby, has been looking all over the house for her. They slept together every night. Sad seeing him so lost..

rcantrell52
09-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Very sorry for your loss and wish you and your family the best during this time.
Reese

Bob Denman
09-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Thanks to everyone for there kind words. We knew it was the right thing to do. Sure doesn't make it any easier. Spud, our other Cavalier that we brang home the same time as Ruby, has been looking all over the house for her. They slept together every night. Sad seeing him so lost..
:shocked: It tears my heart out...
Give him some extra lovin'; you BOTH will need it!

Jbiancolli
09-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Had to put one of our four legged kids down this morning. Ruby was a great dog. Her favorite past time was sitting on our laps. Know matter how bad a day we had, she and our other two dogs were always there to greet us with there tails wagging. This pic was taken last week. We knew than we were on borrowed time with her. RIP Ruby.... We love you and will miss you very much. You will be in our hearts forever...:pray:

Cavalier king charles? I have a 4 1/2 yr and a 6 month pup. Great dogs. My condolences

mowin
09-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Cavalier king charles? I have a 4 1/2 yr and a 6 month pup. Great dogs. My condolences

Yes they are King Charles. Enjoy yours, they are a great breed.

ChasCS
09-02-2014, 12:12 PM
You need to take a few weeks, and step back. Remembering the good times you shared together.

One thing that pets teach us is unconditional love. They also teach us about love and loss.
These are important lessons in life, and we should learn to appreciate them.
No, losing your friend is never easy, and the heartache can last a very long time.

Ah, it sounds like the dog was a good friend to you for all those many years, and so you should be thankful for all that time spent together. He brightened up your home and brought much happiness to you, be thankful of that. It's irreplaceable.

Cheer up, the dog is chewing a giant bone, up in Puppy Dog Heaven. In a better place.
I know how much it hurts, my pet parrot died while in my hands. Cry much? Oh yeah.

Get well soon.

Chas

grumpybob
09-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Sorry for your loss!!

Bob Denman
09-02-2014, 12:19 PM
https://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm
This one will bring a lump to your throat. :shocked:
But Ruby will understand...

ARtraveler
09-02-2014, 02:22 PM
https://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm
This one will bring a lump to your throat. :shocked:
But Ruby will understand...

Thanks Bob. This is a very good one. I have this one framed in my den and every time I read it, many fond memories are brought back about my friends who are now waiting for me.

Hope it helps with the loss of Ruby. Friends like this are very precious indeed.

cuznjohn
09-02-2014, 02:26 PM
soooooo sorry to hear this, dogs are like kids

Kelly1952
09-02-2014, 02:30 PM
So sorry for your loss..... remember the good times!!!!!

Bob Denman
09-02-2014, 02:32 PM
:agree: Celebrate her Life!
Don't mourn her loss...
She was at her best, when you guys were happy.

mowin
09-02-2014, 03:12 PM
:agree: Celebrate her Life!
Don't mourn her loss...
She was at her best, when you guys were happy.

Thanks for the poem Bob. I've seen it before, and it does bring a tear to one's eyes.

Ruby will be missed, but never forgotten. The other two dogs have been close to me all day. I think it's helped them as much as me....

spydaman60
09-02-2014, 03:59 PM
you always hope they'll go in their sleep, but it never seems to happen! sad day for ruby, but it's only fair that she be laid to rest and not suffer. ;)

Bob Denman
09-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the poem Bob. I've seen it before, and it does bring a tear to one's eyes.

I think that it was Dwayne (AkSoyderman), who first brought it out here, when another member lost a beloved family member...