PDA

View Full Version : Note to self...

Pandy
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Next time you have a desire to see the riverfront in Savannah GA,leave the Pyder topside and walk down. But, thanks to the cobblestone street, I know that nothing is loose on my machine. More than I can say for parts of me and the Mrs. But, the ride to Tybee was worth it, particularly lunch at Stingrays.
Patrick

ARtraveler
09-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Note, noted. :yes:

BikerDoc
09-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Next time you have a desire to see the riverfront in Savannah GA,leave the Pyder topside and walk down. But, thanks to the cobblestone street, I know that nothing is loose on my machine. More than I can say for parts of me and the Mrs. But, the ride to Tybee was worth it, particularly lunch at Stingrays.
Patrick Our group is headed there Oct 31st and we will keep your info in mind. we are going to tybee . do you suggest anything else?

Bob Denman
09-01-2014, 05:59 PM
That reminds me of a story... :shocked:
For some knuckle-headed resaon; my brother came home with a Sporster 1200 Custom.
Of course; he forced me to give it a spin... :D
When I got back; I told him that those were the best mirrors that I had ever seen.
When he asked me ehy I said that:
"If they weren't so well-built; the glass would have fallen OUT of them already! :roflblack:
At 60 mph; the World was a blur in them...

Chupaca
09-01-2014, 07:26 PM
I avoid those roads but when you wonder like we do you can't help comming upon them...sounds like a great place even if it shook a few teeth loose..:roflblack::roflblack:

SNOOPY
09-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Note, noted. :yes:

roflmao

SDM
09-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Been there, done that! Usually eat at Lady and Sons (love the meatloaf sandwich!) then go to River Street Sweets. It is a bumpy ride on those cobblestones. Reminds me of that line of Madeline Kahn from History of the World: Part 1 - Empress Nympho (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001404/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): [to her litter bearers] Could you *please* step on the same foot at the same time! My t:cus:s are falling off!:roflblack:

PMK
09-02-2014, 06:03 AM
Yes they are cobblestones, I believe the stones were the ships ballast from back in the day of merchant sailboats.

PK

bruiser
09-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Beautiful city. Friend of mine lived there, dropped of the face of the earth. Very haunted city too.