PDA

View Full Version : Sore Butt

Showie
09-01-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm thinking :yikes: of getting an Air Hawk cushion. Saw an article in 'Rider" and it seemed positive. :thumbup: Any advise or other recommendations?

ARtraveler
09-01-2014, 02:08 PM
I have one. They work. Makes a good change of seating position if you need it.

There are two versions out there. Cruiser style and Air Hawk R. The R is more ergonomically designed for men. The ad information on the website explains. I have the cruiser medium and it works well on the RT.

With an Air Hawk, you sit IN it and not ON it. You have to adjust the air "just so." Once you get that figured out, you should be good to go. About $150 the last I looked.

Dan McNally
09-01-2014, 02:10 PM
My stock seat was good for about an hour . . . I added a gelpad and a sheepskin, which added about 30 minutes. I got an AirHawk R for my birthday and after a few 80 to 100 mile rides, adjusting the pressure in it (good directions come with it) I took a 350 mile (one way) trip over a three-day weekend . . . and found myself realizing my low gas warning light was on, multiple times! I can ride all day, comfortably, with the AirHawk R. Some folks say they don't like the "squishy" feel, but I suspect they had too much air in it. It really made a huge difference to me. :firstplace:

Frank G
09-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Many choices from a $20,00 Walmart Memory foam cushion to a $1200.00+ custom built Russell Day Long seat. I started at the bottom and worked up, they all have a good side. :thumbup:

Good luck in finding one that works for you. :spyder:

ChasCS
09-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Go to any IKEA and buy a RENS Sheepskin.

So comfortable, great for warmth on the colder days ryding.
And it also helps some to reduce the heat on the warmer rydes.

Dual purpose, when done, I just threw it on the black leather sofa at night.

Chas

CapNCrunch
09-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I have one. They work. Makes a good change of seating position if you need it.

There are two versions out there. Cruiser style and Air Hawk R. The R is more ergonomically designed for men. The ad information on the website explains. I have the cruiser medium and it works well on the RT.

With an Air Hawk, you sit IN it and not ON it. You have to adjust the air "just so." Once you get that figured out, you should be good to go. About $150 the last I looked.

VERY GOOD FOR MEN OVER 50. :yes:

CapnCrunch

oldguyinTX
09-01-2014, 03:07 PM
I have the "R" & I like it a lot. Once you figure out how much or how little inflation suits you, the "sore butt" will be gone.

MEP
09-01-2014, 04:28 PM
I recommend the Air Hawk. Medium cruiser size fits my 2014 RT just fine.

Genet
09-01-2014, 04:43 PM

what hat size would be best for a 13 ST S 5se

MEP
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
what hat size would be best for a 13 ST S 5se

I'm not sure about the sizing for the ST.

BikerDoc
09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
I agree

cuznjohn
09-01-2014, 05:54 PM
i didn't like the air hawk so i settled for a sheep skin gel seat and i like it much better

ARtraveler
09-01-2014, 06:07 PM
i didn't like the air hawk so i settled for a sheep skin gel seat and i like it much better

I also have a sheepskin/gel in my arsenal. Choices are good, depending on the "pain of the day."