PDA

View Full Version : question on chrome or stainless for rt

cuznjohn
08-31-2014, 02:32 PM
hey everyone i am looking for something in chrome or stainless to go on the top of the rear trunk right behind the passenger seat, here is why, i have these two LED emergence flairs http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/emergency-strobe/9-in-1-super-bright-led-safety-flare/1317/ and they have magnets on them to attach to the vehicle. if i could find something metal in chrome or brushed stainless that mounts there, i could mount the two flairs there with the magnets that are in them.

has anyone seen a piece that goes on the trunk to dress it up,,, thanks

Motorcycledave
08-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Magnets don't work on stainless steel

hey everyone i am looking for something in chrome or stainless to go on the top of the rear trunk right behind the passenger seat, here is why, i have these two LED emergence flairs http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/emergency-strobe/9-in-1-super-bright-led-safety-flare/1317/ and they have magnets on them to attach to the vehicle. if i could find something metal in chrome or brushed stainless that mounts there, i could mount the two flairs there with the magnets that are in them.

has anyone seen a piece that goes on the trunk to dress it up,,, thanks

cuznjohn
08-31-2014, 03:16 PM
i read the less the gauge of stainless the more metal in it

wyliec
08-31-2014, 03:23 PM
Magnets don't work on stainless steel

That's not quite true; it depends on the other materials that makeup the stainless steel. If it's 300 stainless, it's non-magnetic. If it's 400, it's magnetic.

Chupaca
08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
you could color code or accent paint metal plate. Chrome will scratch some....:thumbup:

M109Dreamer
08-31-2014, 04:59 PM
Could you possibly use a piece of stainless that is cut out the same shape as the top of the trunk with some 3m tape. Polish it up, If you dont like the look of it you could just remove it.

Well Hell
08-31-2014, 05:00 PM
Put aDiamond R trunk rack on it! Chromed metal, works great as a mount for our Sat antenna!