PDA

View Full Version : First service info

2+1
10-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey all,
Just wanted to post this on the Florida thread. My red SM5 is due for it's first service so I've been calling around to find out which Dealer is the cheapest. I live in Jax and called all 4 spyder dealers around here including St. Augustine and they were all about the same, give or take a hundred bucks. I decided to give Ridenow Powersports in Ocala on 441 a call and was pleasently surprised to find out that they will do the 600 mile service for $150. :clap::2thumbs: That even beat out the powersport dealer where my wife works by 50 bucks, even with her discount. So if I add on the $20 in gas to get there and back I'll still save $30 plus I get a nice ride through Ocala Natinal Forest.

Just thought some of you might want to know. :thumbup:

P.S. This Corbin seat and backrest is working out very nicely for me.

spyder13
10-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Thats probably just labor. All parts are on top of that.

effgjamis
10-04-2008, 10:27 PM
you might want to check into the extended service plan as well as extended warranty. Not cheap, but peace of mind, I think.

2+1
10-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Thats probably just labor. All parts are on top of that.
Went down there Saturday. It was first come, first serve for service work. I was there about 5 hours total, but it only took them about 1.5 hours once they got it inside and the total cost was $157.62 for the 600 mile check. :2thumbs: So if nothing else, they were at least honest on the phone a few days earlier. They said that they had sold about 12 Spyders this year.

LDFIREWORKS
11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I LIVE IN NEW SMYRNA BEACH AND IAM IN OCALA ALOT THATS GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT THE 600 MILE SERVICE I'LL BE THERE:2thumbs::b2b: