PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake "motor"

joebryanjr
08-30-2014, 08:18 AM
Anyone else ever had a bad parking brake motor? It pulls in the brake but does not hold.
Mechanic says he has never seen this before. Am I a lucky exception?

Chupaca
08-30-2014, 09:06 AM
not familiar with the system, mine is foot operated, but thought it had a ratchet lock..interested in finding out...:popcorn:

happyspyder2039
08-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Anyone else ever had a bad parking brake motor? It pulls in the brake but does not hold.
Sounds like cable needs luberacation or adjustment to me. My cable came out of the pully

ChrisCFPS
08-30-2014, 10:51 AM

My technician has seen this once before. The parking brake would be applied but the unit would still roll if on a hill. The motor was not pulling "hard" enough to put enough force on the brake pads to hold the unit. Replaced the parking brake motor and was all good. Only saw it that one time though.

joebryanjr
08-30-2014, 01:20 PM
That is what my tech said, also.

My technician has seen this once before. The parking brake would be applied but the unit would still roll if on a hill. The motor was not pulling "hard" enough to put enough force on the brake pads to hold the unit. Replaced the parking brake motor and was all good. Only saw it that one time though.

joebryanjr
08-30-2014, 01:21 PM
not familiar with the system, mine is foot operated, but thought it had a ratchet lock..interested in finding out...:popcorn:

On the RT it is an electric motor that pulls the cable. My 2011RSS was the ratcheting type, also.

Chupaca
08-30-2014, 07:59 PM
has the cable been adjusted properly..?? If the adjustment is loose then the motor pull is not enough. Might tighten it up a bit and see if the hold is better..:thumbup:

joebryanjr
08-30-2014, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the help. Kevin at Cowtown tried adjusting it but the motor does not hold. They ordered a new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk