PDA

View Full Version : Is Wearable technology the next big thing?

ChasCS
08-29-2014, 02:00 PM
After the reviewing thoughts on Google Glasses and several articles pertaining to this tech, I found this authors thoughts pretty right on.

http://venturecapitalnews.us/home/post/is-this-wearable-technology-the-next-big-thing-in-high-tech/581?

How much of your life do you remember? The answer is around 0.001% - that’s if you have good memory! This is about to be changed by a Start-up company called LifeLogger ( Stock Quote: LOGG +5.8% – website) which I believe will be the Next BIG THING in High-Tech industry this year.

LifeLogger was named one of the top 5 Start-ups at CES 2014 by Enterpreneur.com and other tech media and it might sound as Start Trek technology which seems to be too far away but their idea is trully brilliant and is here today. Following the positive CES2014 response and reviews in January, Lifelogger went public and is trading under the trading symbol LOGG which makes it one of the first and very few publicly listed companies in the booming Wearable Tech industry and the potential in LOGG and the lifelogging idea i believe is Huge. I would not be surprised at all if one of the big VCs or Tech giants acquire the company in the next 12-18 months and integrate it into their existing platform to take advantage of the Lifelogging boom that is coming our way.

Wearable technology industry is expected to grow to the staggering 20 Billion by 2018 and the recent extremely successful IPO of GO PRO only proves that lifelogging has a huge potential . If you think about it GO PRO is actually a wearable camera that you use to lifelog your sport activities – but there is so much more than sports in our life that we can log as well.

Last week CNN Money reported that “Ferguson protests send Taser stock up 30% “ because of the police bodycam which Taser is developing - this is just another form of video lifelogging. What happened in Ferguson actually started the “Wearable Camera Petition” last week which quickly garnered the required 100,000 signatures to receive a White House reply . This is just another very good example how much wearable and lifelogging is entering our lifes and by 2020 i believe a lot of people will be recording their life in HD and keep a "copy" on the cloud.

Lifelogger is trying to record your life (or the most important parts of it) by recording video/audio/gps from their wearable POV and then upload the video to their cloud where it is processed/stored. The software is trying to extract the faces you have seen, convert the words you said into text searchable format as well as OCR any street signs or any other text that was in front of your eyes. All this along the GPS coordinates, your track as you walk and even in which direction you were looking at.

Imagine being able to rewind your life and search for the moment back in time when you were around the Eifel tower, you saw your wife’s face, there was a sign “restaurant” and you were talking about “truffles”. All you need to do is put any (or all) of those search tags and the video which has any of those tags will pop up in less than a second. Then with a click of a button you can go exactly on the moment when you said “Truffle” or the exact second where your wife’s face appears in the video.

This is as close as we can get to Augmented memory and the potential of life-logging either for personal or professional use is truly unlimited. Following the positive CES2014 response and reviews in January, Lifelogger went public and is trading under the trading symbol LOGG which makes it one of the first and very few publicly listed companies in the booming Wearable Tech industry. During the last year we have seen bold acquisitions ( $19B for Whatsapp) and it’s been one of the most active Venture Capital markets for the last 5 years, so I would not be surprised at all if one of the big VCs or Tech giants acquire the company in the next 12-18 months and integrate it into their existing platform to take advantage of the Lifelogging boom that is coming our way.

Perhaps if more law officers were armed with high powered cameras...?

I would also ask a similar question, would you like to wear a camera all day, every day?

Chas

ARtraveler
08-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Too much hint of "big brother" with the current technology. IMO we do not need more, we need less.

Think how efficient the Gestapo would have been with just the current technology. :yikes:

Bob Denman
08-29-2014, 02:38 PM
:shocked: Just what I need: , more admissable evidence! :gaah:

MRH
08-29-2014, 07:58 PM
I have no desire to have my life recorded, and I certainly don't want to be recorded as part of somebody else's life. Memory often fades with good reason, and life isn't about recalling facts.

I don't want to "tag" everything I do for later reference.

SNOOPY
08-29-2014, 08:05 PM
This is backed by the NSA right? :banghead:

Bob Denman
08-30-2014, 08:19 AM
:shocked: they heard you say that... :yikes:

ARtraveler
08-30-2014, 01:52 PM
Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day...:roflblack: