PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments with JT air filter & spyder1attitide exhaust

figmotoday
08-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Hi all,
I'm adding JT air filter system & I have already put on spyder1attitude single pipe exhaust on RS 2012. Is there a need to adjust fuel air mixture? If yes, will the computer system automatically adjust or do you need to manually reset with current computer system. Or do you need a power commander 5 to get the right settings?
Thanx in advance for all responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwrydr
08-29-2014, 11:51 AM
I am installing a JT air filter and a Cat-Delete today...from what I have read the computer in the spyder should figure it out....stay tuned....

Chupaca
08-29-2014, 12:34 PM
my RS 2012 sm5 with hindle exhaust, JT filter/K&N iridium plugs and high tension wires and is running great. The air flow is noisy but nice and the popping backfires are controlable with the manual. The computer will self adjust and you will have to see how yours works for you....:thumbup:

figmotoday
08-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Thanx lwrydr & Chupaca.

figmotoday
08-29-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm also running BajaRon high performance plugs & wires, seemed improved performance, plus the stock plugs & wires needed to be pulled out. After laser alignment, I had the BajaRon swaybar installed too. I notice improved performance in turns & curves & when I hit bumps, it seems to handle the hit better & recover quicker.

figmotoday
08-30-2014, 10:18 AM
I am installing a JT air filter and a Cat-Delete today...from what I have read the computer in the spyder should figure it out....stay tuned....
Hi lwrydr,
How did the JT air filter and Cat Delete turn out?
Thanx,
Jon

finless
08-30-2014, 10:40 AM
I thought I read several times in the past on here that doing the air cleaner AND the cat delete would cause the spyder to throw codes.
Just repeating what I had read. I think I even recall JT saying you cant do both. Oh and this is on the 2013 and below. I have not seen any reports on the 2014's.

Bob

lwrydr
08-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Hi lwrydr,
How did the JT air filter and Cat Delete turn out?
Thanx,
Jon

The guy that was going to help me install could not do it this weekend, so I have to wait til some time next week.

PS I read on here someplace the they would not throw codes...I guess we will see after mine gets installed...Maybe I should install one first then drive it a bit for the puter to accept it and then install the other....just a thought...

900Dave
08-30-2014, 03:10 PM
The guy that was going to help me install could not do it this weekend, so I have to wait til some time next week.

PS I read on here someplace the they would not throw codes...I guess we will see after mine gets installed...Maybe I should install one first then drive it a bit for the puter to accept it and then install the other....just a thought...

That is what I did. I installed JT's filter in the spring and will do the CAT delete this coming winter. I also read on here that it will be OK as long as you keep the stock muffler?? :dontknow:

figmotoday
08-30-2014, 03:11 PM
While waiting to receive JT air filter kit with noise reducer, I put my right side air tube back on for increased air flow, attached pics. With spyder1attitude exhaust & air tube, I ran engine @ idle for 5 minutes & **** off & walked off with key. Gonna start back up in a bit and ride & see if things adjusted. Gonna take new set up to drag strip tonite and see if I can improve on 14.01. When I ran with only air tube and stock exhaust, it seemed to lose initial snap & performance & computer didn't seem to adjust correctly.