PDA

View Full Version : New Member, Needing advice

FullCircle
08-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Hello everyone, I've just become a registered user but I've been visiting this board for over a year now. My wife and I have been looking at the RT for nearly two years now. Last year I was all set to pull the trigger on a new Limited and that was when I found this site. I'm glad I did because the post about the issues with the 13 models caused me to wait and see if BRP got things worked out. Now we have decided that there's enough good feedback on the 14's that we are ready to trade but now we are waiting to see if they add anything or change colors on the 2015 model.
The only concern I have now is where to make my purchase. Could someone recommend a good dealer in the West Tennessee area. I would be willing to travel to adjoining states if need be to get the service and dealer support to maintain the Spyder properly.

MidTNDawg
08-28-2014, 11:32 PM
The only concern I have now is where to make my purchase. Could someone recommend a good dealer in the West Tennessee area. I would be willing to travel to adjoining states if need be to get the service and dealer support to maintain the Spyder properly.

Not West but my dealer is Mid South MotoPlex in Clarksville, TN

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-28-2014, 11:32 PM
.:welcome:.You will be very Happy you waited because the 1330 Ace engine and tranny is practically maintenance-free compared to the 998 Rotax models ....Mikeguyver

Chupaca
08-29-2014, 12:53 AM
but one of the best if not the best is pittbull/lamonster garage in Springfield MO. Not familiar with your area but those who are will give you more to go on..welcome as an active member and soon to be ryder...:2thumbs:

GloryRyders
08-29-2014, 05:13 AM
:welcome:.....................enjoy the search for your :spyder:. If you have problems looking for a great dealer in Tennessee, come to Missouri where we have at least three outstanding ones!:yes::yes:

Bob Denman
08-29-2014, 06:47 AM
:agree: If you can get to PitBull's... :2thumbs:

mtdoragary
08-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Nashville dealer just shipped a bunch of their Spyders to the Hamilton AL dealer, so that doesn't sound like much of an endorsement.

lgf4780
08-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Got my 2013 ST from Mountain Motorsports in Kodak, Tn. No problem with service, they have been great so far. They just ordered the new air flow panels for the heat problem.

ChasCS
08-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Hope you have great luck and awesome service once you find your dealer.
& if and when you make acquisition, please don't hesitate to post us up some pics of your new Spyder.

Chas

FullCircle
08-29-2014, 01:33 PM
:agree: If you can get to PitBull's... :2thumbs:

I haven't made the trip to Springfield yet but I did speak to them on the phone and I was impressed by their willingness to answer all my questions and spend time with me over the phone. Most dealers spend only limited time on the phone and most of that time they spend trying to get you to come into the dealership. Pitbull's is on the top of my list to visit as soon as I hear something on the 2015 RT. Now that we have decided to trade it's hard to wait!!

Bob Denman
08-29-2014, 02:34 PM
It DOES kind of seem like you're getting another shot at Christmas morning! :thumbup: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_97.gif

ARtraveler
08-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Please keep us posted and enjoy the hunt. Another vote for Pitbull since you are pretty close. :thumbup:

KX5062
08-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Another vote for Pitbull here too. :firstplace:

murphybrown
08-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Hello everyone, I've just become a registered user but I've been visiting this board for over a year now. My wife and I have been looking at the RT for nearly two years now. Last year I was all set to pull the trigger on a new Limited and that was when I found this site. I'm glad I did because the post about the issues with the 13 models caused me to wait and see if BRP got things worked out. Now we have decided that there's enough good feedback on the 14's that we are ready to trade but now we are waiting to see if they add anything or change colors on the 2015 model.

Is one of the best dealerships IMHO (I traveled from WA state to pick up my 2014) because as a totally non mechanical person I needed the confidence that my Spyder was being assembled correctly. Pitbull and Lamonster Garage are side by side and work together on all things Spyder. And for you that would be a nice ryde. Before you pull the trigger call and talk to them. Also :thumbup::thumbup: that you are going for the 1330/2014 and not the 998 engine on former years. I've owned the 998 on a 2010 (great machine) but the 2014 I picked up May 1...is AMAZING..keep us posted and let us know what Spyder will be coming home with you. :yes::yes:

Deanna777
08-30-2014, 07:03 PM
:welcome:and happy hunting. Deanna777:ohyea:

boomboom1
08-30-2014, 07:21 PM
You have wasted three years trying to make a decision. You have missed a lot of riding fun. MAKE A DECISION

PrairieSpyder
08-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Is one of the best dealerships IMHO (I traveled from WA state to pick up my 2014) because as a totally non mechanical person I needed the confidence that my Spyder was being assembled correctly. Pitbull and Lamonster Garage are side by side and work together on all things Spyder. And for you that would be a nice ryde. Before you pull the trigger call and talk to them. Also :thumbup::thumbup: that you are going for the 1330/2014 and not the 998 engine on former years. I've owned the 998 on a 2010 (great machine) but the 2014 I picked up May 1...is AMAZING..keep us posted and let us know what Spyder will be coming home with you. :yes::yes:

+1 for Pitbull in Springfield, Mo. I bought mine the same day as MB. Like you I dealt with Len over the phone and got all my questions answered and wasn't rushed at all. So I finished the deal when I got there at Spyderfest and they had the Spyder all ready for me. I'm about 300 miles from there, but it's the only place I'd go now.

FullCircle
08-30-2014, 07:57 PM
You have wasted three years trying to make a decision. You have missed a lot of riding fun. MAKE A DECISION
I haven't missed any riding I already own a Goldwing and a Victory and my wife also has a trike she rides. We thought if the RT worked out we would get rid of the trike and Goldwing.

ruthie
08-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Where in West Tennessee do you live?

FullCircle
09-01-2014, 08:14 PM
I live in Lexington.