PDA

View Full Version : New Ulm Ride

Paula(Butch2025)
08-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Are you ready to ride?!!! :doorag:

Well get those bags packed, gas up the Spyders, and meet us in Glencoe, MN at the Super 8 Saturday (30th). We will gather together that evening for supper (place yet to be determined) about 6:30ish...how's that for being decisive....Then in the morning we will pack up and follow Les Caswell through the countryside down to New Ulm. Once there we will check into the Microtel and then head over the Schell Brewery for a tour! We are scheduled for a 5pm tour which is after hours, so we'll get there in plenty of time to check out the gift shop! Monday morning we'll wind our way home and as we near you part of the country we'll bid you a fond farewell!

Hope the weather and highway gods will be smiling on us...don't forget that raingear! and patience with road closures...tis the season!

See you in Glencoe!!!
Paula

PW2013STL
08-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Are you ready to ride?!!! :doorag:

Well get those bags packed, gas up the Spyders, and meet us in Glencoe, MN at the Super 8 Saturday (30th). We will gather together that evening for supper (place yet to be determined) about 6:30ish...how's that for being decisive....Then in the morning we will pack up and follow Les Caswell through the countryside down to New Ulm. Once there we will check into the Microtel and then head over the Schell Brewery for a tour! We are scheduled for a 5pm tour which is after hours, so we'll get there in plenty of time to check out the gift shop! Monday morning we'll wind our way home and as we near you part of the country we'll bid you a fond farewell!

Hope the weather and highway gods will be smiling on us...don't forget that raingear! and patience with road closures...tis the season!

See you in Glencoe!!!
Paula

We are not meeting in Mora first??

Chupaca
08-28-2014, 09:27 PM
have a great trip..sounds great...send some snapshots. Be safe and enjoy..!! :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
08-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Are you folks going to find some polka music Saturday night?

fireplug98
08-28-2014, 10:58 PM

I'm heading to Mora first, Paula is also. I think Glen & Di are going there first too. Not sure who else.
Since we are heading South to Glencoe, New Ulm,Onalaska etc.
A lot live South and are meeting there, instead of riding North to Mora, to just turn around and head back South.
I myself want to spend the day (Saturday) riding.

Tommy J.

Jim&Teresa
08-29-2014, 04:39 AM
Teresa and I will meet up with the MN Spyderlovers group on Sunday morning before you leave Glencoe to go to New Ulm. We have a ride north on Saturday with another group - heading to Hayward, WI area.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

PW2013STL
08-29-2014, 04:54 AM
I'm heading to Mora first, Paula is also. I think Glen & Di are going there first too. Not sure who else.
A lot live South and are meeting there, instead of riding North to Mora, to just turn around and head back South.

Tommy J.

Good to know! We also want to spend the day riding and since we only live about 20 miles from Glencoe we would of had to do the ride at 5 mph to make it a day ride.:shocked:
See you in Mora:ohyea:

Les & Kathy

Paula(Butch2025)
08-29-2014, 08:32 AM

No...the plan for these overnighters is to meet at the first motel (Glencoe, Super 8) and have supper together that night. Most because the Caswell's are working that day and will come down after work.

Sorry Jim...I just Tommy's post now...didn't realize we were riding to Mora...that was never in the original plan if everyone would refer to the first post that included all the motel info...of course being on your own to get to Glencoe means you get to take whatever route to get there that you want. Les will lead the rides from that point...it looks like Tommy wants to head up there first...geez it feels like I'm planning a ride with Butch after all...we don't always communicate about routes well either!

Paula(Butch2025)
08-29-2014, 08:42 AM

Tommy J.

You goof!!!!

I meant the "north to go south" thing about you coming up to North Branch....I didn't know you were really talking about going up to Mora too! And by the way...we are not riding to Onalaska...that was last year, Mr. Tommy!!!!

PW2013STL
08-29-2014, 10:06 AM
No...the plan for these overnighters is to meet at the first motel (Glencoe, Super 8) and have supper together that night. Most because the Caswell's are working that day and will come down after work.

Sorry Jim...I just Tommy's post now...didn't realize we were riding to Mora...that was never in the original plan if everyone would refer to the first post that included all the motel info...of course being on your own to get to Glencoe means you get to take whatever route to get there that you want. Les will lead the rides from that point...it looks like Tommy wants to head up there first...geez it feels like I'm planning a ride with Butch after all...we don't always communicate about routes well either!

Hi Paula,

Ok Kathy and I will do our own thing that day. What time should we meet up with the group in Glencoe? I assume at the super 8 parking lot before heading out to supper. We will not stay the night as it is only 30 min from home, but will meet up with the group on Sunday to ride to New Ulm.

Les

fireplug98
08-29-2014, 10:57 AM
geez it feels like I'm planning a ride with Butch after all...we don't always communicate about routes well either!

You goof!!!!

I meant the "north to go south" thing about you coming up to North Branch....I didn't know you were really talking about going up to Mora too! And by the way...we are not riding to Onalaska...that was last year, Mr. Tommy!!!!

:banghead: Try to be a nice guy and whaada you get !! Slapped down !!! :trike:

:D :D :D

Paula(Butch2025)
08-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi Paula,

Ok Kathy and I will do our own thing that day. What time should we meet up with the group in Glencoe? I assume at the super 8 parking lot before heading out to supper. We will not stay the night as it is only 30 min from home, but will meet up with the group on Sunday to ride to New Ulm.

Les

Les, Can you give me your phone number? You can message me or you can just message Tommy (he's the one that wants to contact you) I don't have you on my Caswell Riders Phone List so I would still like to have it and an email address for you two.

PW2013STL
08-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Les, Can you give me your phone number? You can message me or you can just message Tommy (he's the one that wants to contact you) I don't have you on my Caswell Riders Phone List so I would still like to have it and an email address for you two.

Paula,

PM sent.

Les

littledeer
08-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Hi all We cannot get away for the whole weekend but may be able to get out on Sunday. Do you have any idea what time you will be leaving the motel on Sunday?We are thinking we might be able to meet the group and ride to New Ulm with you.We would not be spending the night in New Ulm and would have to leave before the brewery tour to be back home by dark. Looking forward to meeting you all. Thanks Jeff,Laurie

Jim&Teresa
08-29-2014, 05:57 PM
Hi all We cannot get away for the whole weekend but may be able to get out on Sunday. Do you have any idea what time you will be leaving the motel on Sunday?We are thinking we might be able to meet the group and ride to New Ulm with you.We would not be spending the night in New Ulm and would have to leave before the brewery tour to be back home by dark. Looking forward to meeting you all. Thanks Jeff,Laurie

Hi Jeff,

Here's what Paula sent me on a PM ....
" if are just planning on meeting us on Sunday morning in Glencoe, we aren't going to be leaving until around 10am from the motel after we have eaten breakfast there and packed up our spyders.
Looking forward to this weekend and seeing you all too.
--Paula "

Teresa and I are planning on being there (Super 8 at Glencoe) Sunday morning around 9:30 am or so....it will be good to meet you.

Jim

BeardedDBA
08-29-2014, 08:24 PM
I, too, will be joining the group Sunday morning.
As I told some of you, I am attending a wedding Saturday, with Reception that evening. So can't make it to Glencoe that night. But my plans for the rest of the weekend have opened up. I've made my reservation at Microtel in New Ulm.
Looking forward to ryding with everyone and attending the brewery tour!

Paula(Butch2025)
08-29-2014, 09:26 PM
I, too, will be joining the group Sunday morning.
As I told some of you, I am attending a wedding Saturday, with Reception that evening. So can't make it to Glencoe that night. But my plans for the rest of the weekend have opened up. I've made my reservation at Microtel in New Ulm.
Looking forward to ryding with everyone and attending the brewery tour!

Great! Meet us at the Super 8 in Glencoe on Sunday morning, we are leaving at 10am.

soaring hawk
08-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Any one want to hook up and ride earlier Saturday? could meet on the south side of mpls

some neet roads down to mankato and surrounding mankato. Then back north to glencoe.

Gary 507-381-1097 cell

SpyderAnn01
08-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Have a great weekend!

Paula(Butch2025)
08-30-2014, 06:47 AM
Have a great weekend!
Thanks Ann...I'm going on this trip solo...Butch wrecked his back and it's finally starting to improve so he doesn't want to mess it up with a whole weekend of riding. You and Joe have a great weekend too!