PDA

View Full Version : Spyder on boat trailer?

mtdoragary
08-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Anyone made a Spyder hauler out of a boat trailer? I upgraded my boat trailer and now I have a spare to make a Spyder hauler out of.

SNOOPY
08-28-2014, 08:46 PM
:hun:

DrewNJ
08-28-2014, 08:54 PM
I used a jet ski trailer. Works great for what I have needed it for.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Anyone made a Spyder hauler out of a boat trailer? I upgraded my boat trailer and now I have a spare to make a Spyder hauler out of.
:clap::clap::clap:........Absolutely doable ......But it's my Opinion that anything is Doable ......Because around here I'm probably the " King " of D.I.Y.,......so go for it ...................and then give us some PICs please .......Mikeguyver :thumbup:..............PS , is /was the boat trailer weight capacity equal to this task ? ? ?:popcorn:

mtdoragary
08-28-2014, 09:12 PM
I used a jet ski trailer. Works great for what I have needed it for.
My trailer is a float-on style trailer for a 15 to 17 foot boat. It'll take a lot of modification, but should still be a lot cheaper than a Spyder hauler and sturdier than a utility trailer. Can't use my motorcycle trailer because it's too narrow. Hmmmm, unless I widen it in the back for the front wheels and load the Spyder backwards!

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-28-2014, 09:22 PM
My trailer is a float-on style trailer for a 15 to 17 foot boat. It'll take a lot of modification, but should still be a lot cheaper than a Spyder hauler and sturdier than a utility trailer. Can't use my motorcycle trailer because it's too narrow. Hmmmm, unless I widen it in the back for the front wheels and load the Spyder backwards!:gaah::gaah::gaah:......You must always remove the windshield or suffer the consequences :yikes::yikes::yikes:.......Mikeguyver :thumbup:

Chupaca
08-28-2014, 09:36 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: pictures when your done.. Either one is doable but like you said lots of modifications...good luck, know you can do it..!! :thumbup:

DrewNJ
08-28-2014, 09:41 PM
My trailer is a float-on style trailer for a 15 to 17 foot boat. It'll take a lot of modification, but should still be a lot cheaper than a Spyder hauler and sturdier than a utility trailer. Can't use my motorcycle trailer because it's too narrow. Hmmmm, unless I widen it in the back for the front wheels and load the Spyder backwards!
Look at lower profile and wider tires and run your platform over the top of them for width.
Mine is a 2007 loadrite done with a mix of a few 2x12's, 10's, and 8's as the decking mounted on the frame with inverted U bolts. I removed the bunks and fenders. The decking covers the wheels. Its pretty low with 5.70x8 6ply C rated tires and wheels at 910lbs/each. The trailer is rated for 1500lbs as a ski trailer according to the label. hubs and springs are 1k each and its a 2k axle.
I used to really be into the jet ski scene so I had a lot of this stuff on hand already...

billrob71
08-28-2014, 09:49 PM
With a cutting and welding torch and little skill , will work perfect. You will have the tires, springs and axle just shorten it up a little

mtdoragary
08-30-2014, 05:48 PM
I went up to Hohenwald, TN and bought a custom built motorcycle trailer from a Deputy Sheriff who no longer needed it. It's built like a miniature car hauler, so there are no vertical clearance problems. The framing is heavy and it has a 3000 pound axle, so I can haul my tractor and diesel mower when I need. I have about 1/2" clearance on each side between the fenders and tires, so I'm going to move the fenders out 3/4".
and add an angled lip to both sides of the frame to help keep the wheels where they belong. Just looked for the ad to get a pic to post, but it's already been deleted.

DrewNJ
08-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Sounds Nice!

mtdoragary
08-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Sounds Nice!

I'm hoping it will replace three of my trailers and handle everything I need it to handle!

MouthPiece
08-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Where do you put your boat when you are towing your spyder??? <smiles>

Chris

mtdoragary
08-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Where do you put your boat when you are towing your spyder??? <smiles>

Chris
In the dry storage rack!

Mexican
08-30-2014, 09:24 PM
I thought only us Mexicans did stuff like that:shocked::thumbup::firstplace:

dadof4
08-31-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't know about a Spyder on a boat trailer but I do know my Son in Law borrowed my Spyder trailer to haul his boat last week.